• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kia Soul ABS Plastic

Charlie J

We've got a wrap coming up on a Kia soul. We will be using Avery Wrap vinyl. Is there an adhesive promoter that will work with the Avery to get it to stick to the plastic.

We recently wrapped some of the plastic with 3M 1080 and used Primer 94. It is holding up well.

mgieske

Especially if the plastic is textured we just plain avoid application to most plastics. If clients push- we'll note no warranty on such surfaces. Keep in mind that some adhesive promoters may blemish plastics.

WhiteWrapper

Avery does not recommend primer. Some plastics are lower energy than others, door guards are usually less oily. I usually try to suggest to clients to remove them. Some don't have holes at all, but iirc souls do. In that case stick a 3" strip of reflective horizontally fully across both doors to cover the holes. Reflective is much thicker and won't pop through like cast on holes.
The door guards can always be reinstalled before selling vehicle. Wrapping over is always a maybe and if you primer them they are permanently ruined.