• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Killer sample

Colin

I know I'm way ahead of myself here as I don't even have my VersaCamm yet, but when I do get it up & running, I'd like to make a bunch of contour-cut decals (3" x 6"?) as samples to give to existing and potential customers.

So what would be a really nice, wild, impressive, high quality image to print which doesn't infringe on any copyright issues?

I know, I know......."Design one yourself" you're thinking, and I may, but I'm just wondering if anything else fits the bill.

Maybe an image/design/graphic which has carbon fiber, engine turn, flames, etc etc etc fills.

Colin

Attachments

• Naked Chicks.jpg
    Naked Chicks.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 63

Colin

There's lots of stuff out there....between Aurora and Istock, you should be able to find lots.

I guess I was thinking of something that had some shape to it in the contour cut. Something "signy" or logo-like, if that makes sense.

Lightening would be another cool component.

hmmmm

Sign Works

Colin,
I did this years ago when I got my first digital printer (Roland PC-600, yes it still works perfect, door stop boat anchor my ass!). When I would design a sign, truck doors, etc. I would print, laminate & contour cut a small sample decal along with the job. These would generally sell themselves, contractors & tow companies ate em up, all you had to do was provide the sample and suggest some uses such as tool boxes, equipement, etc. Here is a sample of the first one I did.

Attachments

• Nor-Cal Enterprises.jpg
    Nor-Cal Enterprises.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 91

Colin

These would generally sell themselves, contractors & tow companies ate em up, all you had to do was provide the sample and suggest some uses such as tool boxes, equipement, etc. Here is a sample of the first one I did.

Yes, that's the idea.

colin, we got our vp540i in summer and it comes with some samples that you can print off. some of the samples are really very nice and we have used these ourselves over the past months to show off what the vp can do.

sardocs

How 'bout something that advertises the parts of your biz you like to specialize in....

Last edited: