• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kinda in a jam

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I have some temporary outdoor 18 x 24 corr signs to do. Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention and don't have enough printable vinyl.
Supplier is out of stock.
Anyone's thoughts on using regular white vinyl ( ie Orical 651 ) to print on? These probably won't b up for more than a few weeks.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
I did a test print a few weeks ago on some of our cut vinyls, aside from very obvious banding because I didn't have a profile for them, it didn't seem to print poorly.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Should be fine - if it fits in the printer and doesn't cause head strikes it's printable (mostly).

pjfmeister

depending on printer it should work fine...may have to play with heat settings to help with receptivity and prevent buckling

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone! I printed a few and they seem fine. Now it will be back to the "Old School" of mounting without any air egress.
Wrinkle city here I come!;)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Outta curiosity, doesn't another shop nearby have some you could borrow or buy, til yours comes in ??