Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinda like Brush Script

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by jimdes, Jul 7, 2005.

1. jimdes

jimdes Active Member

Dec 10, 2003
    :design: Not my design (if you can call it that)!

I've drawn a blank on this one but I beleive it's a Gerber supplied font because of where the customer had the work done previously. The closest I can come up with is Brush Script but the brush terminations are rounded where the terminations in Brush Script are sharp points.

Any ideas Fred?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

Try Brush Script with a stroke or outline with round corners

3. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    There is another Brush Script ripoff called Signature, Could that be it? If not, you can probably edit Brush Script enough to pass. I've found many customer aren't real particular as long as it's close.

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    It appears to be Gerber's Brush Script which uses closed shapes. They have a second version termed "connected" which uses open shapes to do the connecting and then a left and right close shape vector. It was originally released by them in 1984 or 1985 and is included with every copy of Graphix Advantage and Omega.

Your version looks like some slant and expansion has been added.

Attached Files:

5. jimdes

jimdes Active Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Again Fred,
    YOU DA MAN!

I've searched for a while for this one and knew you would have the answer, I just hate asking before doing a little research on my own. Many thanks!

6. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    [​IMG] It's a great combination with Comic Sans. [​IMG]

7. jimdes

jimdes Active Member

Dec 10, 2003
    I'll remember that for future designs, I always wondered if they would compliment each other.

8. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Hell Jim ... why miss a chance to upsell this job.

Attached Files:

9. jimdes

jimdes Active Member

Dec 10, 2003
    I should have waited to open this one . . . I knew it, I knew it, I knew it . . . . now there's milk all over the keyboard and up my nose. Golly geee, thanks Fred.

10. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

fred its not from presque isle....ill bet the owner is one of them good old boys from WASHBURN(place sorta like where the DUKE's lived ...from the DUKES OF HAZZARD)hehehehehehehehehehehe

11. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow Fred, the letters on top look a lot more "weathered", the bottom letters must be cast. lol

12. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Top = Avery A8

Bottom = Oracal 751-C

:Coffee:

13. kevco

kevco Guest

Your right Fred it looks like brush script conected on my gerber sprint at abouy a 12 degree angle. the letters would have had to been cut indvidualy to keep them from being conected though.