Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingdom of Heaven movie font

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Bobby H, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    I'm trying to recall the identity of this font, but it escapes me. I was watching a 720p HD quality Quicktime file of the movie trailer (downloaded from Apple's Quicktime HD Gallery) and just found myself wondering, "what in the world is that typeface?"

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

I'll answer this one since i also asked about this font a while back. It is used SOOOOOO much in the movie industry ... Try to remember it and you will find it many many times over.

Its the Trajan font family from Adobe.

Attached Files:

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Methinks our chains are getting yanked. :Big Laugh

4. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

No! ... He wouldnt do that would he :help: :wink:

5. Bobby H

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    Seriously though, does anyone have an idea of what that font may be. It certainly isn't Trajan -although it's kind of a miracle in and of itself that Trajan didn't get used.

6. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

Well your right .. It isnt exactly Trajan. But real darn close. Close enough for me to believe that maybe they did use it and just did some type treatment to it to justify the 50-100 thousand dollar design fee :wink:

Attached Files:

7. Bobby H

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    I have to disagree with you on the similarity to Trajan. The Kingdom of Heaven type face has a more close visual relationship with a sharp serifed Latin font like Trump Mediaeval than anything like Trajan. I've seen the font somewhere before, but My Font's "what the font?" utility and Identifont haven't given me any matches.