Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kiss cut on roland vp-300???

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Rev Designs, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Rev Designs

Rev Designs Member

Oct 1, 2008
    New Mexico
    Anyone successfully manage to do kiss cutting on their vp-300? I've printed with registration marks, laminated, then cut-out like normal. I then pushed a pin through the crop mark so that I could set the base-point when i flipped the media over for the kiss cut. Went into versaworks and imported the file with a .05 offset and then mirrored it within versaworks. Sent that to cut and every time the kiss cut is off and it varies each time.

I'm just curious if anyone has figured out a good method for this as i don't like to do the perf-cut feature on my roland and it looks a lot nicer than slitting squares.

Any advice would be great, thanks!

Matt

Tags:
  2. ackerman139

ackerman139 Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I'd say you don't have enough graphics if you spend longer trying to kiss cut them instead of printing haha

3. Rev Designs

Rev Designs Member

Oct 1, 2008
    New Mexico
    I have plenty of graphics that need printing.. that is not the problem.. just asking a question because it would be a nice finishing touch for some of the better clients i have!! Sometimes going the extra mile really pays off with some people.