• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

knifeless tape

Yes. This was entirely done with Knifeless
Bill Riddells Cayman2.jpg

Keith Faver Cayman.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Well most of it, of course I plottered out the gulf/numbers etc.

johnnysigns

I love this stuff. 1st time use is a pita if you didn't read the directions on how to start it, but what a good solution overall for avoiding cuts over paint.

TheSnowman

I just did this two days ago with knifeless. I kinda didn't like it because it was giving me trouble getting it started since it was just dangling off of the car. I can see it being way better being stuck to something. It was nice though just laying vinyl down and not worrying about keeping stuff straight. Seemed quicker than pre cut stuff. I'm sure using it more it will get better, but that was my first time and it was a little rough at times for how simple I felt starting tape should be.

Attachments

• image-3117823890.jpg
    image-3117823890.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 59
The first time I used Knifeless I hated it, But at the time, I was not running a shop, and had wrapped that green car and cut all stripes by hand for some extra cash I needed. After the owner saw me do his car by hand, He decided to help invest in my business and we now are doing pretty decent for a new small business.

I did all the striping here by hand.

Darrell Fancher Cayman.jpg
Modeled after this car
1970_tdf1.jpg
and I used this for my template layout,
FLY88242.jpg

If you are curious how I managed to get the other side to match nearly identically, I used ALOT of masking tape and dry erase markers. Owner was more than pleased.

MikePro

better question:
can you use knifeless tape on a woven wallcovering material like Ultraflex wallpaper or phototex? (if not familiar, it may as well be banner media)