• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Knifeless tape

ProWraps

its pretty cool. sometimes its a PITA to get the monofilament started, but when you do, it does as its advertised.

diamondavenue

It appears to be a fishing wire, or fine metal wire embedded in tape. I have not used personally but in theory it sounds as if it would work quite well.

ucmj22

I figured, If it works, could help set you apart being able to sell your wraps as knifeless, as an added benefit for the customer.

ProWraps

I figured, If it works, could help set you apart being able to sell your wraps as knifeless, as an added benefit for the customer.

learning how to use a knife should be the selling point to your customer.

if you tryed to do an entire wrap with this stuff, it would take you twice as long. its purpose is mostly to be able to follow complex shapes and fender lines while making the cut perfectly to that shape.

ucmj22

if you tryed to do an entire wrap with this stuff, it would take you twice as long. its purpose is mostly to be able to follow complex shapes and fender lines while making the cut perfectly to that shape.

I'm just thinking, If I tell a customer that we do knifeless installations so a blade never comes close to the paint, then when he gets a quote from someone else, and asks them if they do knifeless installations, the hook is set.

HulkSmash

i can cut and trim 4 perfs the time it takes them to set and pull one.

just sayin

......prowraps nice avatar :ROFLMAO:

ucmj22

id probably still do the perf with a knife, and have a tiny illegible line of legalize defining "near" (from post#8) as 2mm. LoL

megacab

To each their own, but i love this stuff. it is expensive for what it is, but it works precisely as advertised. i just add some money to the job to account for the amount of feet of knifeless tape i estimate i will need. can i cut on the car if i want to? sure. does this make it so i never have an accident and have to fix a scratch from a blade, yep.

cartoad

Yes, this works as advertised and is great for some situations, like some odd curves, or a long cut on a curved truck. The trick is to get it started, to do this we use a knife to make a small cut, and then pull, works great!

Salmoneye

To me it is like a house painter that never learns how to use a brush and masks everything, I can cut and roll most rooms by the time a "painter" gets his masked and it looks as good. There is a skill to getting a feel for razor depth, using different angles and freehanding a straight line. I am sure that there are times this would be good but I could also use a pinstipe tape as a cushion if needed and I am sure that I can cut as straight as I could tape.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps

Not to mention twice the price, this stuff is $80 a roll. I do like it for certain spots.

WrapCut

You might want to think about trying WrapCut Fine Filament Edge Cutting Tape. It makes smooth, precise trim lines through the vinyl as well. AND, it's priced as low as $12.90 per roll!

Right now we're offering a FREE ROLL of our 200' product as a special introduction. All you need to do is use the coupon code WCFREE during the checkout process and the roll is yours (all you pay for is shipping and handling).

For more info go to www.wrapcut.com

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
I love the knifeless tape.
Just make sure you leave extra extra tape at both ends. If you leave only 1 inch of tape hanging out from underneath the material you will have a really bad time!

Sometimes its good to use some primer because the knifeless tape's adhesive is not aggressive at all.