• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Knock, Knock, Knock anybody home?

66signs

Hi everyone, I've been making signs at work for 5 years or so. That's when the last sign guy fell off of a ladder. I work for a race track and all the signs I make are for in house use, no sales. I'm self taught. I knew very little about computers when the last guy fell. During our slow time (winter) I sat down with the books and practiced. Now I do all the signs. I make directional, sponsor, price, and menu signs. I also do some of the pace cars used in our Busch series and Nascar truck series races. I'm looking at opening my own business out of my garage. So I'll be looking to buy my own computer (other than this one,lol), cutter, and supplies.

Other than that, I drag race. My Brother and Dad also race. I have a 14 sec '78 Malibu, My dad has a Super Gas style '80 Monza 10.60's. My brother has a Rear engine dragster 8.50's.
I also ride a Honda VTX1800c

MAB SIGNS

I live near Indy and IMS does alot of sign work and the weird thing is when the Formula race comes to town they black out everything at the track that doesn't endorse Formula One. "Fosters, Australian for beer" doesn't exactly fit in with the Brickyard 400. Welcome to SIGNS101 racefan!

66signs

I work at Gateway Int. National. I've raced at IRP and have been to the museum at IMS. Thanks for the Welcome.

Cadmn

Howdy from Texas:Welcome: 2 :signs101:
wifes uncle used to live a block from indy but I never got to a race the museum is awesome tho

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm also new to the group, but welcome just the same.

I'm just fine with the speed limits on the roads. That's enough like a racetrack to me lately.

JMDigital

66signs said:
Other than that, I drag race. .

WELCOME.. I used to drag race here in Florida. Desoto Drag Strip, I was in the paper so many yearts ago as the youngest drag racer, I was 13 (started at 12 but the track owner wanted the article to say 13) It was a great time, we just sold our Super-Pro class 67 Chevelle it ran 10:90's in the 1/4 at Desoto..

:Welcome: to :signs101:

66signs

Thanks for the warm welcome. I wish I knew about this site a long time ago. I can't believe all the info here. I could read for days.

Geary

Welcome 66,

I love drag racing too. It's been many, many years ago a few of us college guys had a 10 second 65 Malibu. Big ol' tube front axle and the "high boy" setup. Here in California we raced at the old Lyon's Drag Strip just before they closed down.... and also out at Irwindale. Too much fun! However, my wife and I go to drags around everywhere we've always lived.....all the time. Plus, I've painted drag racers of all types for three decades.

~Gear