• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

knockouts

pjsigndoc

Hey I am trying to knockout letters on a private parking sign. I have a green background and need to combine "private parking" to the green background because my plotter will not recognize it when i try to send it. please help

Mosh

Look at the wireframe, that is what the plotter will see. Just cut it and pull the letters out.

pjsigndoc

cool thanks mosh. my dad and i just started our business and hes pretty slow on the comp but i honestly dont know alot about flexi so it helps me learn then i show him.

pjsigndoc

how about this one. When I import a logo off an eps or pdf it has a red line around it as if in bitmaps. I cant get at the logo itself. how do i get rid of the red line around it holding it in?

Pat Whatley

Select the background and the letters. Hit CTRL+M. That will do what you're trying to do.

Or do it the hard way. Select them both, go to EFFECTS - COMBINE - CUT OUT.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's not Mosh... that's his cousin.

As for the guy...... I have no idea who that is. :ROFLMAO:​

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
So, basically what you are talking about is a reverse weed ... simple, as others have said, make a shape type has to be smaller than the shape, combine (ctrl+m) done. weed out the letters.