• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Knowledge Base

doublea1971

Just curious... I'm in the Project Management side of things & as a newbie to the industry am wondering if there are any resources (i.e. websites, books, etc.) where I could get a synopsis of sign types, sign materials, etc.

I know that I'll pick up a great deal over the coming months. Just trying to get my wheels under me as fast as possible & thought I'd "study up" a little if someone has some suggestions.

Thanks for the help. Look forward to using this forum from time to time, as there seems to be a great deal of wisdom available here!

Bigdawg

Just Me
To start with if you look to the left, there is an Encyclopedia module that has quite a few (over 500) sign-related definitions including substrates, materials and terms.

This might at least give you a start!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Also look through our Links section. In particular, look HERE for trade magazines. Depending on the types of projects you will be dealing with, each of the trade magazines has its own slant. Signs of the Times for electrical and billboards, Sign Business for computer aided sign making, and Sign Craft for more artistic and hand crafted work. All are good and worth subscribing to.

doublea1971

Thanks for the "encyclopedia" help. That was EXACTLY what the doctor ordered! I'm thankful to find such a comprehensive site.

thesignexpert

Just curious... I'm in the Project Management side of things & as a newbie to the industry am wondering if there are any resources (i.e. websites, books, etc.) where I could get a synopsis of sign types, sign materials, etc.

Welcome to the board from Columbus, Ohio!

Try this site TheSignExpert.com as it is loaded with information on the sign industry and has a sign blog that I try to update fairly frequently.

I also echo Fred & doublea1971... there is an unbelievable amount of knowledge and experience here on signs101!

Search... Read... Learn... Enjoy!

Good Luck

Tim Evans

The Sign Expert .com
"Practical Help for Sign Professionals"

Pro Sign and Graphics
"A Pro Sign made Easy"