Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kraft paper

Discussion in 'Materials' started by WOODBS, Feb 8, 2010.

1. WOODBS

WOODBS Very Active Member

Jun 5, 2007
    how many of you guys are using kraft paper with your laminators? i have been , but trying to lam w/o now just tricky to do with one person..any tips on that ?

Tags:
  2. WOODBS

Jun 5, 2007
    so do you use sled for each print? i ran out of paper once and was able to lam a few more prints but had to have one hand pulling the prints thru..

3. PressPrintGraphics

PressPrintGraphics Member

Feb 18, 2008
    I just insert my print into the laminator, feed forward about an inch (just enough to "grab" it) and at this point it is not printed vinyl it is laminating, just some excess white, then go to the back, step on the foot pedal while holding the print coming through and let it feed onto the floor.

4. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I have 38" paper & 51".. all my 30" & 36" prints have kraft paper under them because the lam is wider then the print. My 48" prints also have paper under them, but on my 54" prints I can laminate without paper, as long as I have a small piece in front of the print & have another (or that same piece) ready for the end of the print...

I'd love to see some video's of these various sled techniques...

5. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Need to see photos

Pat, I can't wait to see the photos, the wording o how to do this is confusing to me, however the photos will make it all clear.
    :thankyou:

6. WOODBS

Jun 5, 2007
    i understand the technique i think, but my gbc seems to require hands in front assisting the print as well as back pulling the lammed print out. the rollers make the print bow in areas and trip the safety light.. so i have to press it flat while lamming

7. PressPrintGraphics

PressPrintGraphics Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Did the GBC not come with a bar that sits over maybe a couple dowels at the front? My enduralam has that and keeps it flat and also make sure that the print hits the laminate/rollers nice and flat.

The print slides up under it..

8. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Thanks Pat! Looks like you have the same laminator that I do (GBC Eagle 65), or at least very similar! I'll have to give your method a try. I need to come up with a reliable method to laminate off of my Gerber prior to cutting.

9. Artgunner

Artgunner Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Concord
    We use your method as well, Pat. We also save the left over lam backing in case we run smaller prints.

Art