• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

kraft paper

WOODBS

how many of you guys are using kraft paper with your laminators? i have been , but trying to lam w/o now just tricky to do with one person..any tips on that ?

WOODBS

so do you use sled for each print? i ran out of paper once and was able to lam a few more prints but had to have one hand pulling the prints thru..

I just insert my print into the laminator, feed forward about an inch (just enough to "grab" it) and at this point it is not printed vinyl it is laminating, just some excess white, then go to the back, step on the foot pedal while holding the print coming through and let it feed onto the floor.

iSign

I have 38" paper & 51".. all my 30" & 36" prints have kraft paper under them because the lam is wider then the print. My 48" prints also have paper under them, but on my 54" prints I can laminate without paper, as long as I have a small piece in front of the print & have another (or that same piece) ready for the end of the print...

I'd love to see some video's of these various sled techniques...

phototec

Need to see photos

I'll try to take a video or time lapse tomorrow... or at least some pictures!

Pat, I can't wait to see the photos, the wording o how to do this is confusing to me, however the photos will make it all clear.
:thankyou:

WOODBS

i understand the technique i think, but my gbc seems to require hands in front assisting the print as well as back pulling the lammed print out. the rollers make the print bow in areas and trip the safety light.. so i have to press it flat while lamming

Did the GBC not come with a bar that sits over maybe a couple dowels at the front? My enduralam has that and keeps it flat and also make sure that the print hits the laminate/rollers nice and flat.

The print slides up under it..

Tim Aucoin

Thanks Pat! Looks like you have the same laminator that I do (GBC Eagle 65), or at least very similar! I'll have to give your method a try. I need to come up with a reliable method to laminate off of my Gerber prior to cutting.