• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

KW 3020 Laser Cutter/Engraver

jfiscus

Rap Master
I picked up a cheapo chinese laser cutter/engraver the other day from a friend who had bought it but never really used it much in their sign shop. I was hoping to get my daughters into using it and maybe they could start their own small sign business up sometime in the future. However, it seems to be tied to some sort of cheapo software. It seems to cut/burn fine, but I am used to better design/output software.

Does anyone here have one of these machines and have any particular software they recommend to drive it? or a good forum to join for these machines?

jfiscus

Rap Master
What brand, sometimes you can a plug in and use other software to output to it.
It looks liek it really likes B/W raster images best, but it will take a few other file types. I can get everything I want to from Adobe, and it also has a Corel plug-in but I haven't tried that yet.