• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 and i1 Spectro

Dave Rowland

Hi
Could someone describe how the combination works in Onyx and Caldera..

As i understand it...
it has a bigger lens so it is not used for colour profiling, the earlier HP models were profilers
Postershop has no colour profiling capabilities.
Linerization is done in the HP menus for quick balance of a media
The lens is used for the tracking of the media (banding etc)

So what do we know?
is a seperate profiler needed to get medias right?

dypinc

Not sure if you talking about the onboard Spectro or a separate i1Pro.

ColorGate is the only RIP I know that supports both linearization and profiling with the onboard Spectro.

The ColorGate RIP however wastes a enormous amount of media so I just use the i1Pro for linearization and profiling. It also take longer too, although you can be doing something else but you do have to interact with it such as setting light ink curves and ink limits.

Form HPs documentation it sounds like there may be other RIPs that support linearization only, but I am not aware of any. Are you saying Onyx supports linearization with the onboard Spectro?

Some basic RIP packages need extra modules added to create profiles, but I think all packages come with some form of linearization support. If can enable linearization but turn off color management then you should be able to print a profile calibration target for reading and creating media profiles with third party software. How you pair or add that profile to the linearization settings can vary with different RIP packages.

E36

Caldera does support linearization using the onboard i1. It also wastes more media as compared to using a separate i1.

Bly

If you have Postershop you will need to purchase either a separate profiling package or the Onyx profile creation add-on.
Plus a spectro.
I've been using an X-Rite DTP41 for years which works fine although is now discontinued.
Recently I bought two used DTP41s off Ebay for about $100 plus cables as spares.

Apparently you can't used the embedded L25500 spectro to profile.

Dave Rowland

ok interesting....
i am just reviewing how signs101 members have managed to use the i1 onboard.

And yes production house is required for profiling for Onyx.

dypinc

ok interesting....
i am just reviewing how signs101 members have managed to use the i1 onboard.

And yes production house is required for profiling for Onyx.

Frankly unless one does not have a separate spectro or does not want to spend the money for one, I see no advantage to using the onboard spectro with Colorgate for linearization and profiling. It is just to much of a waste of materials and time.

May be worthwhile for just linearization with some RIPs that support it though, but mainly for relinearization where light ink curves and ink limits are already set.

But, you would still need a separate spectro for profiling.

E36

If you have Postershop you will need to purchase either a separate profiling package or the Onyx profile creation add-on.
Plus a spectro.
I've been using an X-Rite DTP41 for years which works fine although is now discontinued.
Recently I bought two used DTP41s off Ebay for about $100 plus cables as spares.

Apparently you can't used the embedded L25500 spectro to profile.

Hi Bly, how is DTP41 compared to i1? Did you manage to create some profile for L25500 using DTP41? Thinking of getting one too.

Bly

Hi Bly, how is DTP41 compared to i1? Did you manage to create some profile for L25500 using DTP41? Thinking of getting one too.

Never had an i1 so can't compare.
I've had a DTP41 for years and it's served me well.
I can create a profile from scratch and read 2400 patches in under an hour.
I'm sure there are newer better spectros around these days but mine works well for me.

I only just got my 25500 up and running an am yet to profile anything yet but will do in the coming weeks.

Dave Rowland

i ahve a dtp20 pulse here... something i picked up cheaply so it is my introduction to this world of CM.

My Hp25500 arrives next week, i will have production house for a short while on trial (as well as caldera) and wasatch is working with the dtp20.

I also have an agfa m2050 and that is matched well, my trials with suppliers has put the agfa matched to the latex and i just want make sure i am good on all materials

i am hoping the Pulse is not a waste of money.

Dave Rowland

i picked it up cheap last week... my start into the world of CM.. i had a demo of it once at Spuhl when i was looking at their machines

its running on a XP rig.... its not 64bit compatible

iladi

some people claim they succesfuly instaled on windows 7 64 bit. for me is no luck. every time i install the drivers, system crashes

iladi

Crash when i try to install drivers. After reboot in device manager pulse in with error code 10. Device cannot start, but it is not marked with yellow, as unknown anymore. Unfortunately, wasach cannot see the device. Argyl has 64 bit drivers, but only argyl can see the device.