• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 - bleeding all over the floor... anyone seen this before?

iSign

Strangest thing is that I never saw a drop, for 3 years solid... and then all of a sudden, this blood colored ooze starts leaking out from below the printer on the right side...

I showed a high level tech who was working on another matter that was escalated to the second tier technician... and the guy just say "oh, that's condensation"
..well, I didn't know what else to say, since he seemed so certain, even after I mentioned that I'd not seen this for years... he just says "I have"

Well, it's been continuing to leak for 5 or 6 months now, but usually a few table spoons every week or two... so I just put a catch pan down under it & figured i'd get used to it..

wouldn't ya know, shortly after I drop a grand on nice bamboo floors... suddenly there is like a cup full, that began seeping out a different area, dripping all down the end of the media loading tray, & down onto the floor by the front wheel (missing the catch pan)

I can't believe this is "normal" and plan to contact HP & ask for another service call to look into it!

What do you other L25500 owners think? Any of you dealing with this?

IMG_4899.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4905.JPG
    IMG_4905.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 148

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Doug I've changed my mind, don't trade that HP in.
Take it on a copper tour over to the big island and when you get on top of the active volcano throw it out the door.
Either that or call a priest to see if he can lift the curse.
You have way more patience that I do.
In the 5 years I've owned my 1304 it has only been down long enough to cost me money a few times & that was plenty stressful enough for me.
Try to hang in there - at least the weather has to be nice over there.......

wayne k
guamusa

jawdavis

bleeding

iSign, you need to have a Maintenance Kit #3 replaced on the machine, and that will take care of your problem. It's a $499 routine service that replaces aerosol fans/filters, etc. We had to complete this service about once every 12-15 months on the L25500's. As soon as I saw our machine leaking in the same manner yours did, I called my local HP service tech and he said "Yep, Maint. Kit #3 will take care of that." If you've never done the service before in the 3 years of running it, you absolutely should.

I ran (2) L25500's for 4 years solid, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and only one of the machines had this bleeding issue, and performing this maintenance took care of it. Loved the 25500's for all their headaches, and now have (2) L360's which are SOO much better. About to invest in a 3rd....

iSign

Thanks for the tip Jawdavis (& the comic relief Wayne) I couldn't tell you offhand if it wasn't done, since HP has been here over a dozen times trying to keep me printing on this POS

I'd love to hear from owners who have NOT had this problem too... just curious if a lot of guys never see this... since I didn't see it for 3 years.

DougWestwood

Hi There,

I ran a 28500 for about 1.5 years, and never saw this happen.
The maintenance kit fix seems to be promising.

Please post results!
- Doug
Vancouver

MikePro

prolly bypassed the maintenance kit replacement by only replacing the container/funnel, but not the tube.
I had made a similiar mess on my 26500 during replacement, after waiting too long to do so. tube was backed all the way up to the funnel and I didn't realize it until i had disconnected it.

Sign Eagle

Thanks for the tip Jawdavis (& the comic relief Wayne) I couldn't tell you offhand if it wasn't done, since HP has been here over a dozen times trying to keep me printing on this POS

I'd love to hear from owners who have NOT had this problem too... just curious if a lot of guys never see this... since I didn't see it for 3 years.

We've been running our L25500 for a bit over 3 years, 6-10 hrs a day and have not seen that problem.

dypinc

Only thing I have seen that I always kept a eye was the end of the tube that goes to the waste maintenance tank. Sometimes it would be dried up and if you pushed on it, it would open up and let a bunch of ink run out.

iSign

a little more info on this "bleeding” I mentioned... although it is blood colored, it is watery & cleans easily with a damp paper towel... which is why the "condensation" comment didn't get shot down instantly, by exclaiming that it was ink.. It's not ink... although I assumed it might have some ink in it, since it's certainly got a lot of pigment coming from somewhere... but it's too easy to clean to believe it is related to the waste catchment or tube (which I checked at first sight anyway)

HulkSmash

1 of 2 things. Your hose is blocked where it goes into the waste at the nipple.

or your blue insert by the cleaning cartridge has a mountain of dried ink causing an overflow.

we had this issue, and fixed it by cleaning those out .

tattoo.dan

have had ours for almost 4 years now and haven't seen anything like this. we did have to replace the maintenance kit as previously mentioned once before though

jawdavis

If you take off the right side cover of this machine (not necessarily recommending it, though it's easy and only 4 screws) then below the service station (where the printhead cleaning cartridge moves forward and backward), there is a black plastic housing made up of 2-3 pieces. This is the aerosol fan/filter kit (seen as #4 in the attached image), and this is what gets replaced with the $499 Maintenance Kit #3. I would put $50 on this being exactly where your leak is coming from. I would also bet that if you open the embedded web server for your printer in a web browser, you'll see that Maintenance Kit #3 is probably overdue.

Attachments

• servicestation.jpg
    servicestation.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 110

ple

Same problem here

I am having the exact same problem for about a week now. That is why I came to this site. I learn more about my HP L 25500 here than I do anywhere else. I will have to check out the #3 kit. Is this something I can install myself or is a tech required? Thanks