• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 carriage felt pad supplier

Lexchess

HP L25500 and I need to buy the "Carriage Felt Pads" that run along the main carriage rail.
Would like to stay in USA to buy. Only found England supplier so far.
Thanks,
Jerry Baker
Lexington KY

Lexchess

A dozen!
Owned the printer for 3 years, oiled the pads about 3 times, and just found out today I can change them myself.
I'm a bit scared to find out what else I should have been doing with maintenance.
Thanks for supplier.

neilchristie

oilers

Yes you can replace them but not properly or completely, unless you remove the carriage.
The bushings need cleaning which sit just behind each oiler and there is a small set of oilers that sit behind the carriage, these slide on that small top rail. This is also a good time to clean and service the whole printer.

Get a tech....

Good luck

Lexchess

A tech would be nice, but I'm having trouble finding one near Lexington KY. Though, the printer works fine, so I haven't been very motivated to really search for one.
HP is no help unless I sign up for an entire year. I have the L25500 and two Z3200's and buying a HP contract for all three is ridiculously expensive.
Do you NOT recommend changing these pads by myself?

EDIT: I am NOT going to remove the carriage or anything like that by myself.

Typestries

Changing the lower pads is a snap....uppers are a disaster. We find that the lower changes take care of our issues quite well. You will be amazed at how dirty and glazed over they are.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
just found that out last week. after the lub. rail message just kept popping up and the carriage just stalled in the middle of a print i figured it was time to change them. i didn;t actually change them though, cleaned them and put them back in for another day to worry about it....