• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Clean Rail

StarSign

OK so I have all of the sudden been getting the clean carriage rail notice on my L25500 like 3 times a day. I am doing everything it asks me to do but it keeps coming back and tells me to clean again. Could I be missing something?

Thanks

Christian @ 2CT Media

Best way to fix that...

Remove the little pads on the carriage and soak them in the maintenance oil or 3in1 oil for about 2 seconds and then replace. While you have the pads out be sure to clean all the ink overspray and oil gunk up from the carriage and rails.

If you still get the error pony up the $28.00 and get new pads.

There are two rails on the carriage a very small upper and a larger lower rail. oil the entire rod. Then with the printer off move the carriage manually back and forth until it moves pretty easily. Then take a lint free cloth and wipe off the rods several times. Then oil the rods again. Move the carriage manually again. Do this like three or four times Then turn the machine back on. The printer is sensing too much resistance when trying to move the carriage. There is a large amount of ink that tends to stick to the oil on the rod over time. This is just standard maint. If you want the technician manual for the printer try this site. You can download for free you just have to upload one of your files. Like a word document that says word. http://www.scribd.com/doc/55406456/HP-L25500