• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Cyan Problem?

Chimuka

I must be getting serious concerning the purchase of a latex printer, because of the level of research I have been doing. One point of concern is the 789 ink series cyan. Reports say that water is dissolving this ink.. How serious is this? Is it washing off banners? Causing de-lamination in Print & Cut graphics? I see the report on the wallpaper problem.

Another puzzling thing is that the new improved ink (792) for the L26500 does not work in the L25500. Why? Maybe a HP rep Could explain this, or is there a fix for the cyan in the (789) ink series coming?

signswi

Haven't seen the cyan issue at all, the difference in the inks is because they were reformulated a bit to cure at lower temperatures. I'm not sure why they couldn't firmware flash the L25500's to use that ink and set new temp settings on the material types but hey HP is in the ink business, why would they do that.

Extremely happy with our L25500.

Chimuka

Thanks Josh, It was actually on your site that I first heard of the cyan issue. I do not think there has been a solution response yet.

If cured cyan is disolving I would think this would constitute a defect and not just an improvement needed or an upgrade in ink. If they know how to make 792 fully waterfast, should not the same be applied to the 789 ink even if it is not completely a 792 formula change?

Maybe many as "signswi" said, they never heard of this issue.

I see the new ink is higher priced so would it not be in HP's interest to move the 789 ink users to 792? If 792 ink becomes the standard, years down the road might 789 ink become harder to obtain or phased out?

If this is not really an issue I would mind being reassured by others or an HP rep.
Thanks

Desert_Signs

Been running the L25500 since October 2008. Haven't seen or heard of this problem before, and we print LOTS of banners on the machine.