Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L25500: Extended Warranty?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by GP, Nov 27, 2012.

1. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    To extend or not extend?

Yes? No?

Seems pretty pricey. I am leaning towards no.

Tags:
  2. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    It depends. Have you had your printer serviced a few times. If so you will know how quickly tech time adds up.

We decided to go with the extended and next thing we know the heater goes bad. The warranty cost just about as much as it does to replace the heater.

Get one.

3. tattoo.dan

tattoo.dan Active Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern Il
    Yeah I am in same situation. Debating the extended. Seems really pricey to me as well. Probably won't get it. May regret it though...

4. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    Yes, it will likely come back to cost me if I don't.

5. not getting one

6. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Don't get it and just put that money you spend on it aside so in case something does goes wrong you have it, and if you don't use it then it's better for you then.

7. KevSign

KevSign Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    Depend how much you print, my hardly problem over 3yrs now. Almost time to replace belt, other than that keep printing.

My other HP waterbase Z6100 over 5yrs just replace mainboard. This mainboard replace because I using third party ink on my Z6100 from KAS in from SCal. Do not use their inks, the ink chip fail, that make printer work harder and downtime too. We were use their ink early last year cost tech over $1,000 which we never pay in 4 yr. with original ink.

Bottom line KAS and SAM-ink = SUCK DONOT USE THEM!