• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

l25500 fans?

quicksigns

I finally got my l25500 up and running yesterday. The Advantage tech was here and went thru the training. We printed different stuff, even a mesh banner, but the liner was all mess up on it. Anyways after the tech left, I printed more vinyl and after the job, I notice the fans been running for nearly 20min. I called Advantage and ask if it was normal, and they say it normally take 15-20 to cool off. Well today when I came in I can hear the small fan in the front by itself in the upper right area was still running and the printer I guess was on sleep mode. I push the "ok" button and now the all the fans on again and been on since 20 min. Is this normal? I didn't want to call the Advantage Tech that was out here yesterday, because today is his day off. Very cool guy btw.

Bannerday

They do stay on a long time and they can be noisy that I can tell you.

I turn my printer when not in use. Because the heads to dry up, I don't see
any reason to keep it running.

Best of luck. I love mine & I've had it for over a year..........

signswi

Sounds normal. We just let it go into sleep mode every night to cut down on the boot up time in the morning and so that we can still remote monitor it if we need to check something at 3am that's keeping us awake.

It's a printer that operates at over 220F, there's going to be some fans involved.

Tim Aucoin

That fan runs 24/7... it is normal! Don't turn the printer off at all, as it goes through cleaning cycles and the heads will dry up on you. :thumb:

quicksigns

When it prints all the fans fire up and is kinda loud, but now it's that little fan and some fan from the back side of the unit. Kinda sound like the restroom fan. That's normal?

airborneassault

Sounds perfectly normal. The little fan you're hearing when it's "asleep" is the small fan on the dryer kinda by itself. This little guy runs 24/7 and actually measures the current temperature.

Tim Aucoin

When it prints all the fans fire up and is kinda loud, but now it's that little fan and some fan from the back side of the unit. Kinda sound like the restroom fan. That's normal?

Completely normal! Hmmmm... "restroom fan".... no wonder I have to pee so much during the day! :ROFLMAO:

dypinc

Has anybody noticed any issues (nozzle clogging) one way or the other? Turning it off or leaving it on in sleep mode.

I have done it both ways and haven't noticed any difference.

StarSign

I have turned mine off for 1 day over the last 6 weeks, every morning I wake it up and it prints great! Now I wish I could say the same for my Graphtec Cutter

HulkSmash

Turning it off for a short period of time won't hurt it, but it might skip some cleaning cycles.. i advise against it.. it's not using any power.. just leave it alone..

ProColorGraphics

I have turned mine off for 1 day over the last 6 weeks, every morning I wake it up and it prints great! Now I wish I could say the same for my Graphtec Cutter

Haha, I know exactly how you feel there. I was lucky enough to return the piece I had and bought a Summa. I am very glad I did, as this thing works like a dream! And I only have the D140, kinda would like to see the S or T series in action.

Case

How often does it do cleaning cycles when it is sleeping?

It does not do cleaning cycles during sleep mode... That is one of the key points of not having a solvent based ink...

The heads are sealed in the maintenance kit(caps) and the machine does not need to spit or push ink through the lines like a solvent printer...

Otherwise, you would be filling up your waste bottle just like a solvent printer...

It cleans during printing.....

You can turn the machine off when not using it... The machine takes longer to boot up turning it on and off every day though...

The mechanics will initialize from sleep mode faster and you can use the printer quicker instead of powering it off and on every day... But what is a couple minutes??? doesn't matter really..not to me anyways...

Also, the printer is not using major power in sleep mode, so I would just let it go to sleep at the end of the day or the weekend.......But if you like powering up and down, you certainly can....

Case

RobbyMac

fwiw, our waste container was reportedly 'full' back in June/July. We replaced it with a gallon jug, and spliced in some tubing to feed it.
It is about 1/4 full (roughly 4 mos.)