Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L25500 For your information

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Hugster62, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Hugster62

Hugster62 New Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Hi Guys,

Just had a head go after 1300ml of ink had passed through, (warranty expires after 1,000ml!! Convenient) but that is way too low so i called a tech guy at HP in the UK and he advised me that it you shake the printhead like a madman for at least 3-4 minutes you'll double the life expectancy and he reckons that had almost 10,000ml of ink through a Cyan head!

So looks like its worth knackering yourself for five minutes before you install your new print head.

Gra

Tags:
  2. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
    Hmm, that's an interesting solution to an evolving problem. Thanks for the tip. We have piles of heads with very little ink shot through them that the machines keep kicking out. I recently started a thread about this very same thing, and judging from the response, I'm not the only one.

3. signdesigner1

signdesigner1 Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Palm Harbor
    These are the longest lasting heads I've had in my machine:

4 - Yellow-Black 10440 ml 1045%
    5 - Magenta-Light magenta 9090 ml 910%

All other heads are at 5000-6000ml too. Nozzle check print is perfect on all of them. Only change them when they start missing!

4. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    I clean them twice a week with alcohol and shake them. helps them last.

5. Suz

Suz Very Active Member

Apr 9, 2010
    The Great Northwest
    Gra - thanks! great info here,

I'm going to start knackering my new printheads like a madman!:toasting: If that is what it takes to make them last longer, I'll do it! Lost all printheads long before their time. Just installed my first ink cartridge replacement today, but all printheads were replaced just a short while ago.

Thanks!

6. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    We don't do anything to them, most last ~6k, some to 10k. One in a few dozen will only last a short while but warranty has always covered it.

7. aquasco

aquasco New Member

Oct 10, 2011
    I have L25500 for one year and change almost one set of heads (one Y-K head still working, and thru the nozzles put more than 16 liters of ink - other replaced heads last between 9 and 14 liters of ink per head). Tech guys from HP said that is max expected lifespan for one head is about 10-12 liters of ink!

8. Suz

Suz Very Active Member

Apr 9, 2010
    The Great Northwest
    Aquasco, sounds like you are getting much better life from your printheads than I've been getting. In fact, sounds like you are right on the money with what your HP Tech guys told you. You must be doing something right. Thanks for posting! I'm working on doing what's right still. I'm thinking using the printer more than we have this year will probably help. We've been slow in doing everything with this printer, as it is all new for us. HP Techs are very helpful, aren't they? I want to extend my initial 1 year warranty so I can keep calling them for help while we experiment with the machine. Have thrown lots of money at this whole Latex printing thing this year. Keeping our fingers crossed it will start to pay now!!!

9. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Great information. I'll try that when the next head comes up for replacement! I hate replacing heads when the image quality still looks stunning! I'm funny that way! :Big Laugh