• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 For your information

Hugster62

Hi Guys,

Just had a head go after 1300ml of ink had passed through, (warranty expires after 1,000ml!! Convenient) but that is way too low so i called a tech guy at HP in the UK and he advised me that it you shake the printhead like a madman for at least 3-4 minutes you'll double the life expectancy and he reckons that had almost 10,000ml of ink through a Cyan head!

So looks like its worth knackering yourself for five minutes before you install your new print head.

Gra

Typestries

Hmm, that's an interesting solution to an evolving problem. Thanks for the tip. We have piles of heads with very little ink shot through them that the machines keep kicking out. I recently started a thread about this very same thing, and judging from the response, I'm not the only one.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
These are the longest lasting heads I've had in my machine:

4 - Yellow-Black 10440 ml 1045%
5 - Magenta-Light magenta 9090 ml 910%

All other heads are at 5000-6000ml too. Nozzle check print is perfect on all of them. Only change them when they start missing!

Suz

Gra - thanks! great info here,

I'm going to start knackering my new printheads like a madman!:toasting: If that is what it takes to make them last longer, I'll do it! Lost all printheads long before their time. Just installed my first ink cartridge replacement today, but all printheads were replaced just a short while ago.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Just had a head go after 1300ml of ink had passed through, (warranty expires after 1,000ml!! Convenient) but that is way too low so i called a tech guy at HP in the UK and he advised me that it you shake the printhead like a madman for at least 3-4 minutes you'll double the life expectancy and he reckons that had almost 10,000ml of ink through a Cyan head!

So looks like its worth knackering yourself for five minutes before you install your new print head.

Gra

signswi

We don't do anything to them, most last ~6k, some to 10k. One in a few dozen will only last a short while but warranty has always covered it.

aquasco

I have L25500 for one year and change almost one set of heads (one Y-K head still working, and thru the nozzles put more than 16 liters of ink - other replaced heads last between 9 and 14 liters of ink per head). Tech guys from HP said that is max expected lifespan for one head is about 10-12 liters of ink!

Suz

I have L25500 for one year and change almost one set of heads (one Y-K head still working, and thru the nozzles put more than 16 liters of ink - other replaced heads last between 9 and 14 liters of ink per head). Tech guys from HP said that is max expected lifespan for one head is about 10-12 liters of ink!

Aquasco, sounds like you are getting much better life from your printheads than I've been getting. In fact, sounds like you are right on the money with what your HP Tech guys told you. You must be doing something right. Thanks for posting! I'm working on doing what's right still. I'm thinking using the printer more than we have this year will probably help. We've been slow in doing everything with this printer, as it is all new for us. HP Techs are very helpful, aren't they? I want to extend my initial 1 year warranty so I can keep calling them for help while we experiment with the machine. Have thrown lots of money at this whole Latex printing thing this year. Keeping our fingers crossed it will start to pay now!!!

Tim Aucoin

Great information. I'll try that when the next head comes up for replacement! I hate replacing heads when the image quality still looks stunning! I'm funny that way! :Big Laugh