Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L25500 help

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by the graphics co, Aug 16, 2011.

1. the graphics co

the graphics co Active Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Gurnee, IL
    Just installed the machine last week, today i am running duratex semigloss though it and i am about to give up on it. Tried every variation possible in the profile setup and the prints look terrible. there is visible patterns with in the print for the first 12" or so, then it clears up, tried adjusting the warmup temps and anything else i could throw at it...help. I have tried higher pass and lower pass setups with high and low temp settings, to no avail.:frustrated:

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    http://hpl25500users.ning.com/

This is a user group for that machine someone may be able to help. What type of material os duratex semigloss? I have a couple photo papers that print unreal in the latex and they are priced better then anything on the market.

3. the graphics co

Jun 26, 2008
    Gurnee, IL
    The duratex is a 13oz scrim banner material

4. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
    Form our experience, there is one overseas manufacturer whose coating is incompatible with the 25500. I have the almost full rolls on the shelf if you want to try to disprove it. Arlon and ultraflexx print beautifully. Unless it's Ultraflexx blockout. Then you're up the creek.

5. MachServTech

MachServTech Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2008
    North Carolina
    Sounds like the extra dwell at the first 12" is overheating the media and releasing plasticizers preventing curing. Lowering the overall temp by 10% at a time until you get a good result is a good way to test. Also try increasing the airflow.

6. the graphics co

Jun 26, 2008
    Gurnee, IL
    Thanks, i will give that a shot.