• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 help

the graphics co

Just installed the machine last week, today i am running duratex semigloss though it and i am about to give up on it. Tried every variation possible in the profile setup and the prints look terrible. there is visible patterns with in the print for the first 12" or so, then it clears up, tried adjusting the warmup temps and anything else i could throw at it...help. I have tried higher pass and lower pass setups with high and low temp settings, to no avail.:frustrated:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
http://hpl25500users.ning.com/

This is a user group for that machine someone may be able to help. What type of material os duratex semigloss? I have a couple photo papers that print unreal in the latex and they are priced better then anything on the market.

Typestries

Form our experience, there is one overseas manufacturer whose coating is incompatible with the 25500. I have the almost full rolls on the shelf if you want to try to disprove it. Arlon and ultraflexx print beautifully. Unless it's Ultraflexx blockout. Then you're up the creek.

MachServTech

Just installed the machine last week, today i am running duratex semigloss though it and i am about to give up on it. Tried every variation possible in the profile setup and the prints look terrible. there is visible patterns with in the print for the first 12" or so, then it clears up, tried adjusting the warmup temps and anything else i could throw at it...help. I have tried higher pass and lower pass setups with high and low temp settings, to no avail.:frustrated:

Sounds like the extra dwell at the first 12" is overheating the media and releasing plasticizers preventing curing. Lowering the overall temp by 10% at a time until you get a good result is a good way to test. Also try increasing the airflow.