• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 how much heat?

quicksigns

I've read that this machine(hp latex) produce a lot of heat, but has any one measure how much heat? I am here with my electricians installing the (2) 220 outlet in an 18'x18' room I have for 2 printer. a latex (on it's way) and my old hp 8000. I know it's gonna get hot in there, but how hot does it produce. I was thinking of putting a portable a/c unit. any suggestions?

ProWraps

same size room for me with 2 latexs on the way. we are installing a 16k btu portable a/c in between them. if it doesnt do the trick, we will buy a second. both will be vented out the roof.

HulkSmash

I've read that this machine(hp latex) produce a lot of heat, but has any one measure how much heat? I am here with my electricians installing the (2) 220 outlet in an 18'x18' room I have for 2 printer. a latex (on it's way) and my old hp 8000. I know it's gonna get hot in there, but how hot does it produce. I was thinking of putting a portable a/c unit. any suggestions?

It'll be fine.
It doesn't throw a lot of heat off.. just on the vinyl itself.

same size room for me with 2 latexs on the way. we are installing a 16k btu portable a/c in between them. if it doesnt do the trick, we will buy a second. both will be vented out the roof.

I would suggest also installing a heavy duty humidifier. Ac may work but wet air is a must for any consistent results and rock solid production.

We do not run the 2550's but have 2 LX 800's and the heat put off need moisture to keep steady print flow...

ProWraps

I would suggest also installing a heavy duty humidifier. Ac may work but wet air is a must for any consistent results and rock solid production.

We do not run the 2550's but have 2 LX 800's and the heat put off need moisture to keep steady print flow...

good call especially since all the portable a/c units have built in DEhumidifiers.

cdiesel

Same here. Don't spend a ton of cash on a humidifier.. we run an evap that we picked up at HomeDepot for like $300.

Suz

:thankyou: That is good to hear! In WA State, we have plenty of wet air! Another reason to appreciate the rain here! Oh, and we like the heaters too! :loveya:

ProColorGraphics

I have noticed that once I got the humidity back up my prints were a lot more consistent and the bowing was pretty much gone once I got it dialed in.