• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 ink starved

Current Creation

I have an L25500 - Dealing with print quality issues. This has been a bit of an ongoing problem for a while now, so I have tried a number of solutions, but never found a solid fix.

I have run the printhead cleaning kit so much that it just got used up in a very short period of time, and I decided I need to figure out what the heck is going on with this thing.

When I was able to get a nice print, it was very short runs (four feet or so) and only after cleaning the printheads four or more times. So I would guess that is the printhead getting filled up but then the lines aren't keeping up with it.

It seems like there is air in the ink tubes that won't go away.

I have brand new print heads that are printing only partial plots on the printhead test print.

Ran the purge system a number of times and the setup print heads seemed to have air bubbles showing up that would not go away no matter how many times I ran the setup.

Is that normal?

Should the little setup reservoirs get filled with ink completely? The machine just asks if any ink when into the setup printhead and not if it was filled or not so I don't know if the purge/prime is working.

Maybe something pump related?

I am starting to think maybe it needs new ink lines, but I hate to just throw parts at it and hope it gets better.

Really appreciate any insite as this machine is driving me nuts..