• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 magenta tends to dro out after awhile

MrTopgun21

I have a L25500 that I'm nursing along for a bit. It's running well except I've developed a issue that one of the magenta heads tends to start dropping out and banding on long prints. Short prints are fine. The print heads have been replaced, using OEM ink (what I have left). It's like the head is starving for ink or something.

Print quality test print looks good overall. Any ideas for what I should look at? I have the service technicians manual.

MrTopgun21

I apologize for it taking awhile to get back here. I took the side cover off and everything looks good. I don't see bubbles in the ink lines or any spilled ink. I attached a photo.

Attachments

• 20191212_122114_resized.jpg
    20191212_122114_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 159
Have you tried swapping the magenta printheads? Does the problem follow the printhead or does it stay in the same spot? If it follows the prinhead then you are still having printhead issues. If it stays in the same printhead slot then you know you have an issue with the printhead.

Also there are service menu tests to test the ink delivery on that machine. If you do have the service manual go to the page on IDS Ink Deliver System. Scroll down and it will give you a few tests that you can do to figure out what's happening.

Med

We have kind of similar problem, the magenta drops out after about 3 feet of printing.

The printhead is new.

The first 3 feet always print perfect and then it gradually gets worse until magenta stops firing completely. It happens each time you re-start printing.

We really can't figure out what's causing the issue? Any suggestions please?

MrTopgun21

Swapping the print heads fixed our problem, but one other person said to follow the ink lines from the head to the pumps behind the ink take and look for splatter of magenta ink. It could be a ruptured ink line too. I hope this helps.