• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Main PCA Formatter / Motherboard failure

Hill Mountain

Hi,

We normally leave our shop hardware powered on and allow machines to sleep when not in use. However, we recently powered down our HP L25500 and upon restart, we get a 79:04 error. Immediately after powering the machine on from the front panel, we hear two beeps (from the motherboard) and the typical start-up sequence, when the progress bar gets to 4, the 79:04 BSOD pops up and we are dead in the water.

Based on the service manual, the two beeps are typically a bad Power Supply Unit or PCA Formatter. I have tried to get into the diagnostic mode, but it will not work for me.

Anyone have any experience with this?

We are running the latest firmware.

I found the replacement part here: http://www.partshere.com/online/detail.asp?partno=Q6651-60282. I also noticed a $99 value on the broken part, so I am going to guess I am not the first to have this problem.

Thank you all for your insight and assistance,

Marty

Attachments

• L25500 BSOD.jpg
    L25500 BSOD.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 155

Hill Mountain

Unplug the network cable and then start it up. See if you get the same error.

Hi Dypinc, thanks for the reply.

That was the first thing we tried. We then removed the heads, the inks...

I now notice the LED's on the OMAS controller board are not lit.

From the best I can tell, the LED's on the other boards and controllers are lit normally for the boot-up process.

Without being able to boot into diagnostic mode, I am not sure what else I can rule out.

Any other ideas...

dypinc

Just to let you know or anyone else for that matter my L25500 started giving me 14:10 errors that I could get out of. No amount of reading and enter the dryer resistance and entering new number could get me past the error. Drying module been giving me problems for a while and was planing to go with the L360 anyhow, and bunches of jobs lined up so the L360 is here and the L25500 is out to pasture. Not going to invest in a new drying module for the L25500 so if any wants it for a parts machine I will sell it cheap. Put in new curing resistors back in January so they are relatively new.