• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

l25500 NO audible alarms

ProWraps

man this is getting frustrating.

printer runs out of ink color and no audible alarms built into the firmware.

unless you are watching the thing print 24/7 you never would know you are out of ink?

why is this HP? can you PLEASE ad some audible alarms in the next stellar firmware go around?

I believe ours beeps and then sits there and waits for you to load more ink. But it's only one beep. So if your not always around it your screwed.

ProWraps

yes you are. just got screwed out of $150 of material and of course it litterally printed 98%.

stupid.

ProWraps

yeah it does if you load it within a certain amount of time. otherwise it cancels the job.

i tryed the email alerts thing but could never get it to work.

ProWraps

btw has anyone gotten it to work? i cant get it to send through any smtp. not to mention the setup is so terrible... no authentication, just an smtp ip address.

signswi

That is annoying but Onyx will also pop a warning when that happens and we typically have someone looking at Onyx all day long, either loading up jobs or finishers using the cut server, etc. Plus if anyone in the shop notices a red light on the printer they know to inform the right people that something's up.

A better beep system would be nice though.

jayhawksigns

Looking at the email setup there isn't a lot of options is there. We run our own local mail server and that is what it sends the emails through, so probably easier then trying to go offsite, especially when there isn't an option for a password.