• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 - no power after moving either

MrTopgun21

I just bought a used L25500 printer, the seller ran the printer for me at his shop and it worked great. We loaded it on an enclosed trailer, putting the printers wheels on 4 layers of cardboard to help cushion shock and vibration. We strapped the stand down to prevent tipping and rolling. It traveled fine on it's way to my shop.

We got it to my shop, I had an electrician come hook up the 2 - 220 plugs/breakers.
I have 120 on each side of my 220 cables, but nothing happens when I turn on the switch in the back of the printer.
No LED lights, no fans, no front panel lighting. nothing.
Resetting the breakers on the back does nothing either. We ran tests on the output of the power supply going to the mother board and none of the pins have voltage.

Could I have damaged the power supply by moving the printer? Or did my electrical guy mess up the 220 wiring somehow?
I'm baffled...

I just bought a used L25500 printer, the seller ran the printer for me at his shop and it worked great. We loaded it on an enclosed trailer, putting the printers wheels on 4 layers of cardboard to help cushion shock and vibration. We strapped the stand down to prevent tipping and rolling. It traveled fine on it's way to my shop.

We got it to my shop, I had an electrician come hook up the 2 - 220 plugs/breakers.
I have 120 on each side of my 220 cables, but nothing happens when I turn on the switch in the back of the printer.
No LED lights, no fans, no front panel lighting. nothing.
Resetting the breakers on the back does nothing either. We ran tests on the output of the power supply going to the mother board and none of the pins have voltage.

Could I have damaged the power supply by moving the printer? Or did my electrical guy mess up the 220 wiring somehow?
I'm baffled...

Sorry to hear,

I bought mine and I traveled about 60 miles. with no cardboard or anything. it sat In the enclosed trailer for about 3 day in cold weather. I thought surely something would not work properly since it sat in cold freezing weather.

had my electrician in house put in the 220 plugs. Plugged it in, and came on right away.

tattoo.dan

first thing I would do is get a volt meter and make sure you are getting the correct volts at each plug. It seems weird that nothing is coming on. IF I remember correctly only one power cord went to the power supply. The other went to the heaters, and I think there is a green light on the back that should come on by the breakers. Thinking you should still have some lights and possibly fan or beeps or noises at least. My bet is you aren't getting 240 volts to plug.

MrTopgun21

first thing I would do is get a volt meter and make sure you are getting the correct volts at each plug. It seems weird that nothing is coming on. IF I remember correctly only one power cord went to the power supply. The other went to the heaters, and I think there is a green light on the back that should come on by the breakers. Thinking you should still have some lights and possibly fan or beeps or noises at least. My bet is you aren't getting 240 volts to plug.

Yep I did that first before I opened the back of the printer. I have exactly 120 volts on each side of the plug (not on the ground of course) for each plug. Yes your right, the right hand plug goes to the heater circuit, but that circuit also takes power from the main PSU on the left. We also tested the pins on the plugs of the main PSU and they're all 0 volts. Some should be 3, 5, 12, and 48 volts. Which is what made me believe the PSU was DOA.

MrTopgun21

fire your electrician, its hooked up wrong

take your breaker panel off and post a picture

Here's my breaker, the two doubles are hooked to the plugs on the wall.
S

attachment.php

Attachments

• breaker-panel.jpg
    breaker-panel.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 178