• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Prints are printing wrong size.

Dooka

I am running a l25500 latex with Flexi as the ripper.
I am running car wraps with seams that need to line up.
When I print something at larger than 130" they are inconsistently not the right size printed.
Off under and over by as much as 1.5".
Not consistent. It is very strange too, because if I line the two prints up to test how they line up they are perfect for the first 60% but then towards the last 40% you cannot tell with the print image but they start to go off and not line up anymore. Is it the ripper? the printer? who knows?
Any help - much appreciated!

Thanks!

dypinc

Did you turn off the OMAS?

OMAS turned on will try to compinsate for any banding by adjusting the feed which can result the same print or print length actually printing a different length. When I had the L25500 I always turned off OMAS when doing tiled wallpaper for example and always with good results. I remember a few times I forgot to turn it off when doing tiles then seamed weld banners and it was off in length form one tile to the next.

I am about to do wallpaper tiles with the L360 but I can't find anyway to turn it off so I just have to see what I get.

MMG

I will personally not recommend to turn off the OMAS. The OMAS media advance lecture is much more reliable than the one done by the encoder.

When printing determinate medias, dimensional variations from tile to tile can appear, in theses cases I will recommend you to invert the alternative tiles, which has the effect of placing the right side of the first plot next to the right side of the second plot and the left side of the second plot next to the left side of the third, so all contiguous areas belong to the same side of the roll and, hence, have the same length. This is a feature that all RIPs have available.

For your specific case, using Flexi, here I'll attach you an image on how to turn on this feature:

attachment.php

Attachments

• l25500 - Tips and tricks for tiling4.jpg
    l25500 - Tips and tricks for tiling4.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 244