Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L25500 Scrap Printing

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SAR.Summerlin, Nov 7, 2012.

1. SAR.Summerlin

SAR.Summerlin Member

Jul 11, 2012
    So I have been looking online all day and can't find an answer so I am reaching out to the wonderful people of Signs 101.

Is there a way to load a piece of "scrap" material such as a 3'x4' piece of 13oz banner to print on. Every time I try it tells me that the alignment is off and that the material is detached from the core and this may affect print quality.

Any help is welcomed.

:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    While you can print on pieces of 'scrap' media, it is generally a poor idea on most roll-fed large-format printers. This is because there is generally at least one (if not more than one) rough hand-cut side which is more prone to causing head strikes and other problems, such as transfer of fibers from the ragged edge on to the print carriage.

Most manufacturers of large-format printers discourage the practice for those reasons.

You are of course free to try, but do so at your own risk, with your eyes open to the potential dangers.

3. sowinski_t

sowinski_t Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Tape it to the leading edge of a different roll of media so it "thinks" it's attached to a roll still. Should be the same width, or slightly narrower than your scrap piece.

4. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    by the time you spend fixing it, you'll save more money using a regular non scrap roll...

5. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    This. ROI.