• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Sensor Not Detecting

SAR.Summerlin

So for some reason my sensor is not detecting things today. It can't find the edge of the material and it says it can't see my ink drop either. What can I do to fix this. Any help is appreciated.:frustrated:

Christian @ 2CT Media

Is the silver metal plate next to the ink funnel covered in ink? If so you will have to clean it off and wipe off the sensor on the bottom of the carriage.

For the drop detector you will have to take the ink funnel out and clean it, then wipe the sensor and reflector in side the slot the funnel sits in.

Remember both sensors are very delicate so use a lint free cloth and denatured alcohol with light pressure.

SAR.Summerlin

Is the silver metal plate next to the ink funnel covered in ink? If so you will have to clean it off and wipe off the sensor on the bottom of the carriage.

For the drop detector you will have to take the ink funnel out and clean it, then wipe the sensor and reflector in side the slot the funnel sits in.

Remember both sensors are very delicate so use a lint free cloth and denatured alcohol with light pressure.

So I cleaned the metal plate but I can't see inside the funnel space to clean it even with a flashlight and how do I get the funnel it self clean. Thanks for the help

Christian @ 2CT Media

To clean the funnels I just soak them in alcohol for a few minutes to eat into the ink then just scrub it out in a sink.

The drop detect sensor and reflector are located in the hole the funnel comes out of, they are close to the cleaning station on the upper part of the the hole. The sensor is towards the front of the machine and the reflector is on the back of the machine.

For instructions on cleaning or replacing the ink funnel, check your maintenance manual that came with the printer. The funnel should be cleaned about once or twice per year. It is part of normal maintenance with this machine.

SAR.Summerlin

Okay so after days of on and off cleaning. My printer will run but I still get the message

"Ink Funnel presence cannot be detected"

I have cleaned everything until almost new condition. Any ideas?