• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 silly question

Quix

Does anybody know if the room light has any effects in the L25500 sensors?
I'm leaving it printing, and I wonder if I can leave the room's light off.
I'm using the Take Up Reel, which has photo-sensitive components, and the printer makes continous internal checks when printing...

Custom_Grafx

Silly guess, as I don't have that printer...

But isn't leaving something that hot alone in a room unattended a little hazardous?

kyjoe340

Honestly, with all the juice the L25500's heaters are pulling what's the difference. But I'll guess that you can turn the lights off, though I wouldn't leave mine unattended for long.

RobbyMac

We don't run ours all night. But I believe I have read of other users doing so. We have run ours under low light conditions for a few hours without any problems.

It can email you if there are any problems fyi. Set it up in the web browser printer interface.

The take up reel is infrared. Lights won't matter on it. The **** poor design however is another story. If the core isn't gripping well and thus continuously spins, or its under a heavy load and tries to spin but can't, both of these for more than say 10 seconds (far too low imo), then it will abort the print.

ProWraps

i had two of them printing non stop for 3 weeks. i went home at night every night as they kept printing.

they printed fine, and my shop wasnt reduced to a pile of ashes.

i think some of you worry way too much.

Desert_Signs

i had two of them printing non stop for 3 weeks. i went home at night every night as they kept printing.

they printed fine, and my shop wasnt reduced to a pile of ashes.

i think some of you worry way too much.

+1. I don't run mine nearly as hard as you, but mine is happily printing away right now. At least I hope it is. LOL

Quix

Thank you all for your answers. I've been leaving the printer working for periods of about 2 hours in the dark; without any issues.