• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Substrate Jams

SAR.Summerlin

So recently my L25500 has started to have a lot of problems with substrate jams. I have cleaned all the reflectors and sensors (several times) but it continues to happen. Does anyone know what could be causing this. It isn't the machine heat because it happens most often when I first boot the machine in the morning (twice today) For the first time in a year and a half my material (3M-IJ35-C) was curling up at the end and I haven't changed anything my most common material is 3M-IJ35-C though this has happened with other materials as well.

So recently my L25500 has started to have a lot of problems with substrate jams. I have cleaned all the reflectors and sensors (several times) but it continues to happen. Does anyone know what could be causing this. It isn't the machine heat because it happens most often when I first boot the machine in the morning (twice today) For the first time in a year and a half my material (3M-IJ35-C) was curling up at the end and I haven't changed anything my most common material is 3M-IJ35-C though this has happened with other materials as well.

Does this mean that you are shutting the machine down at night and over weekends? If so, this is not a recommended practice, as it is not intended to cycle power on that frequent basis. It should go to a low-power sleep state when not in use, and wake up automatically upon receipt of data or other input which causes it to come out of sleep state.

peavey123

If you notice your material is curling before you put it into the printer, do a manual material load and push the material through until it lays flat on the platen.

I do manual loads on my banner just to be safe, as banner is the only thing I've ever had jam on a load.

Typestries

Check the media infeed sensor, ket on your knees and look up at the bottom side of the media path.....black plastic rocker switch, stamped metal cutout, either might be obvioulsy jammed up with something or otherwise discombobulated.

MySignGuyz

Jamming Media

I just started having same problem with ij 180 c 3m material. It appears that the 2 of the plastic hold down tabs behind rollers are bent down more than the others and this is the area that i am having problems with. I am assuming that as it heats up material and it gets soft, It is stretching it and making it ripple up...

Not sure as to what my fix is...

was going to throw up a thread, but figured i would tag on to yours.

Thanks