• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Substrate Presets

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
Is there a way to add more or customize these? I'm talking about the handful of generic presets you choose from when loading substrates on the machine. Maybe I'm missing it on HP's labyrinth of a website.

jayhawksigns

Not that I have seen.

All the profiling and temp stuff happens with your RIP though so its just a basic settings selection for the printer. Biggest thing I noticed is whether or not the Form Feed and Cut works, i.e., it doesn't with banner.

GB2

Old Member
I have a preset for Vinyl, Banner and Paper. It's definately a good idea to have preset substrates for your common materials, then if you have one thats a little different you can just pick the closest and edit it for the single print job. Of course, I guess this would all depend on what RIP you were using, I am just using the Flexi for the HPL25500.

Freese

Not that I have seen either, and I wish they let you make your own custom ones.

The reason I hate this is when I am doing my accounting features, it goes off the presets. Well of course I am going to have more than one self adhesive so no doubt the price will be different. Really takes away from that feature on the EWS.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
Not that I have seen either, and I wish they let you make your own custom ones.

The reason I hate this is when I am doing my accounting features, it goes off the presets. Well of course I am going to have more than one self adhesive so no doubt the price will be different. Really takes away from that feature on the EWS.

Exactly. I use the length tracking for my medias, so it would be great to have options for gloss, matte, 3m...etc instead of "self-adhesive"

Matt-Tastic

The link below is from HP, but hosted on 3M's website. its the new media creation guide that came with the L25500. Its one of the many things most people jsut throw away or in a drawer and forget about :)

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=ppppp6SXhA1Q37RrlvRC478YCTSOCASXeTqpCTqpCpppppp--

while it mentions creating media families, i can't find anywhere that says how to do it. apparently you can download media families and install new ones via the EWS, but I can't find the method to do the initial creation. maybe you could download an existing one off the EWS and look at the file and see if you can manually change it?