Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L25500 Substrate Presets

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by signdesigner1, Jul 31, 2012.

1. signdesigner1

signdesigner1 Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Palm Harbor
    Is there a way to add more or customize these? I'm talking about the handful of generic presets you choose from when loading substrates on the machine. Maybe I'm missing it on HP's labyrinth of a website.

Tags:
  2. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    Not that I have seen.

All the profiling and temp stuff happens with your RIP though so its just a basic settings selection for the printer. Biggest thing I noticed is whether or not the Form Feed and Cut works, i.e., it doesn't with banner.

3. GB2

GB2 Very Active Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Connecticut, USA
    I have a preset for Vinyl, Banner and Paper. It's definately a good idea to have preset substrates for your common materials, then if you have one thats a little different you can just pick the closest and edit it for the single print job. Of course, I guess this would all depend on what RIP you were using, I am just using the Flexi for the HPL25500.

4. Freese

Freese Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Not that I have seen either, and I wish they let you make your own custom ones.

The reason I hate this is when I am doing my accounting features, it goes off the presets. Well of course I am going to have more than one self adhesive so no doubt the price will be different. Really takes away from that feature on the EWS.

5. jayhawksigns

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    I understand having a limited list, but especially with vinyl having two options would of been nice.

6. signdesigner1

signdesigner1 Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Palm Harbor
    Exactly. I use the length tracking for my medias, so it would be great to have options for gloss, matte, 3m...etc instead of "self-adhesive"

7. Matt-Tastic

Matt-Tastic Member

Nov 25, 2008
    The link below is from HP, but hosted on 3M's website. its the new media creation guide that came with the L25500. Its one of the many things most people jsut throw away or in a drawer and forget about :)

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=ppppp6SXhA1Q37RrlvRC478YCTSOCASXeTqpCTqpCpppppp--

while it mentions creating media families, i can't find anywhere that says how to do it. apparently you can download media families and install new ones via the EWS, but I can't find the method to do the initial creation. maybe you could download an existing one off the EWS and look at the file and see if you can manually change it?

8. jayhawksigns

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    I record the length on the roll when I unload it. Knowing how much media I have left has been a nice improvement over our JV3.