• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Trouble with Cyan

PatKap426

When I print my Cyan isn't hitting certain spots in the pass nearly as well as others. These spots are usually at the same point in the pass therefore creating a faded or light vertical line on the print. I know the HP 9000 has the calibration/setup print, does the L25500? Could this be the issue? I've done the routine maintenance on the print heads. Any suggestions/comments would help and be appreciated. Thank you!

Jasonius

Mine is having the same problems... on a 400k contract that needs a specific pms color: pantone 306 C, ripped through HP permanent gloss adhesive profile. We've tried just about everything; manipulating the curing and drying times, vacuum, substrate advance calibration, turning on unidirectional, enabling extra PH clean, cleaning the print heads, changing the print heads, exporting as different file types (.eps, .psd, .pdf...), even re-designing it in PS and printing from that file. We've tried printing blocks of all the cyan colors around that pms color as well, 638 C, 801 C and process cyan, and the same thing happens. Huge vertical bands of faded cyan in the same pattern. HP division is actually getting involved in this, and get this: they're having the same problem on their printer! But not a 6100... so I'm guessing at this point that, for whatever reason, the L25500 can't handle this spectrum of color.

If/when we get an answer I'll try to remember to post it. Good luck.

Jasonius

Still haven't heard back from HP, but turn down your drying temperature settings to minimum (104 F) and see if that works. Worlds of difference. Also make sure and feed the material out 5 or 6 inches (see pg 26 in the troubleshooting guide for vertical banding). It didn't solve the issue 100%, but after lamination it's pretty hard to see unless you're looking for it.

I'm still not happy about it... not something I'd wrap my car with.

MachServTech

Please post the particulars of passes and resolution. Please also post the settings for the heater zones and air flow settings.

Jasonius

10 pass, dry temp 104 (I've tried every setting from max to min, min works best), cure temp 235 (has also been played with), airflow at 30.
Thanks.

Last edited: