• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 vs L26500

Sign Eagle

Went to the SGIA show last week, don't remember who I was talking with that indicated the ink for the L26000 has been changed from the L25500 and the new black scratches easily. The subject came up when I mentioned that we had installed a 102 ft x 14ft wall just before I left that was almost all black. We had to install a new black cartridge in the middle of the first panel and it died with about 3 more panels to go. It was the first time we killed a complete cartridge in less than 24 hours.

ProColorGraphics

Went to the SGIA show last week, don't remember who I was talking with that indicated the ink for the L26000 has been changed from the L25500 and the new black scratches easily. The subject came up when I mentioned that we had installed a 102 ft x 14ft wall just before I left that was almost all black. We had to install a new black cartridge in the middle of the first panel and it died with about 3 more panels to go. It was the first time we killed a complete cartridge in less than 24 hours.

Was that on vinyl? The way I read into the ads, the black was updated to work better on fabrics. So did he not like the L26? Or just state is as something to keep in mind?

ProColorGraphics

congrats matt. Hope it all works out

Thanks Colorado! I have everything lined up, I just need to sign the dotted line. I still keep going back and forth on whether I should or not. Being a one man shop, keeping one L25500 busy can be work for me, let alone having (2) to keep busy. The work is there, it's me getting everything ready to print to keep them busy. I have just had an awesome experience with my L25 and don't want to buy the L26 and not like it as much or have a ton of problems with it. I have also had a lot of call for textiles where I am at, so that was another reason I am wanting to get the L26 as it is supposed to be good with that.

Decisions, decisions.

Sign Eagle

Was that on vinyl? The way I read into the ads, the black was updated to work better on fabrics. So did he not like the L26? Or just state is as something to keep in mind?
The supplier was talking about vinyl, he was not indicating it wasn't a good machine, just that black from the L26 scratches more easily than with the L25. There was a 3rd party ink supplier who has latex ink for L25 and 26 who claims their ink is more scratch resistant than HP's, priced about $70 per cart., expect info in the mail.

Suz

Scotchbrite,
Thanks so much, this helps! Looks like you are averaging about 1.4 cartridges of ink per each 675 sq ft roll. This just helps to put in all in perspective for me in regards to costs. I appreciate it.

We bought our first HP, a 26500, at the end of April. According to our usage stats we've used just under 31,000sq-ft of material in 24 weeks. Most of what we print on is 54"x50yd rolls so that's 45 rolls of material. That used approximately 25,100ml of ink or about 32 ink cartridges.

Suz

I have just had an awesome experience with my L25 and don't want to buy the L26 and not like it as much or have a ton of problems with it.

Decisions, decisions.

Matt, very cool you are at a good point with the first investment and able to consider purchasing another! If you can't keep them both running at the same time always, at least you will have the other as a backup if one goes down. That's gotta be worth quite a bit!!!!

Also, I should add that I really appreciate your posts here sharing your experience and your solid advice which has helped me so much. Good luck on your decision and here's to the best outcome for you! :toasting:

ProColorGraphics

Matt, very cool you are at a good point with the first investment and able to consider purchasing another! If you can't keep them both running at the same time always, at least you will have the other as a backup if one goes down. That's gotta be worth quite a bit!!!!

Also, I should add that I really appreciate your posts here sharing your experience and your solid advice which has helped me so much. Good luck on your decision and here's to the best outcome for you! :toasting:

Having a backup is another reason I am looking at adding another printer. You hear people having their printer go down and it's gonna take a month to get the part. If that happened to me, I'd be screwed! I am figuring if I really like the L26 and can do with just the one, I can always sell my L25 down the road.

Suz

Matt, I totally agree. I have (3) commercial embroidery machines. It is rare that we have them all running at the same time, but we always have (2) running, while the 3rd is getting maintenance.

ProColorGraphics

I am hoping that it will work out like all of my other purchases. Once I got the piece of equipment, I got busier and was able to use it a lot!! "Knock on Wood!" There are definitely times that I can use (2) printers, it's just the days where I don't print much at all that make me nervous of having (2) of them sitting around. I am excited to start doing more textiles and fabrics!!

Ditchmiester

Looking at a used L25500 compared to a new L26500. I've done testing in the new L26500 and have been very happy with the results. Can I expect the same results from the L25?