• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 with ONYX (postershop or production house)

bigben

Hi,

If I have a L25500 printer and a vinyl cutter, wich Onyx rip should I take? Postershop or production house? The production house have the possibility to create icc profile (witch I like) but I'm not sure to understand the others options.

Paying 2000$ more just to create profiles, if it is my only advantage with production house, then maybe I can buy postershop + profile software cheaper?

Help me on this one.

Thanks.

Typestries

unless something has changed, you can create profiles in both Postershop and productionhouse. At least in Ver 7.

GB2

Old Member
I shouldn't say anything because I don't know for sure but I think the main difference is that you can run many printers at the same time with production house but only one, or a limited number, with Postershop.

Bly

I've had Postershop for years and added on the profiling module and additional printers. Cost a bomb when you add it up but got there in the end. If you plan to profile yourself and want to allow for growth, go Production House.

MarioDesign

I was going through the same debate and my rep told me that there were a few more options with production house over poster shop. One of them being the ability to do variable data printing.

JamieOnyx

In X10 and X10.1 there have been some pretty awesome additions in PosterShop that were not there in previous versions. However, ProductionHouse still has one advantage - Icc Profiling.
If you are interested in profiling it really is the best option. It also has more Rips and Printers.

If you expect that one day you will need those extra rips and printers, because your shop is going to get bigger, then why not just invest the money now and save yourself the hassle in the future?

However, I understand that sometimes that extra 2000 dollars needs to be invested elsewhere (like in media or Photoshop) so I wouldn't try to pressure anyone.

BrighamSmith

bigben

I've found that flexisign pro 10 have everything (color profiling, variable data, etc.) at the price of 3500$cnd. Compare of onyx production house at 1000$ more expensive, does onyx is 1000$ better?