• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L260 heat and ink scratching off

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
So we've had our 260 for over 2 years now. It is still a common problem for our prints to scratch very easily. I have pretty much maxxed out the Curing temp on this thing without it self combusting....what is everyone else running their cure heat at for everyday intermediate vinyl? Currently I have it set at 252F (122C)...this is on the verge of buckling the liner on the vinyl and makes laminating a pain.

dypinc

Maybe over inking, what is your total ink limit? Does it scratch the same on light coverage areas?

eahicks

Well it does seem to be mostly darker areas.....I checked the total ink limit on my main vinyl profile and it was 259%. I tried to drop it down, resaved and then when I opened the profile up again it's back to 259%.... what am I missing?

dypinc

Well it does seem to be mostly darker areas.....I checked the total ink limit on my main vinyl profile and it was 259%. I tried to drop it down, resaved and then when I opened the profile up again it's back to 259%.... what am I missing?

From my experience with the L25500 259% TIL is to high. If I remember 190 - 200 range was best.

Best to create a new linearization and profile, as trying to change an existing one is a bad idea as it will invalidate your output profile.

eahicks

Yes Flexi. I've never noticed any over saturation in color. In general all prints we do are great.

eahicks

From my experience with the L25500 259% TIL is to high. If I remember 190 - 200 range was best.

Best to create a new linearization and profile, as trying to change an existing one is a bad idea as it will invalidate your output profile.

Yeah I'm sure I'm going to just have to rebuild my profiles.

neobruo

If I can help, I'll do it!
You need to disassemble the curing module and clean it for maximize efficiency. Clean also the ventilators on.