• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

l260 non curl banner icc

calibuilt

I recently got a non curl banner roll, and am having problems getting it to print correctly do any of you recommend a profile for it. The heat has to be low.

calibuilt

I first tried leaving on a regular banner setting but the material is waving and causing head strikes. So I lowered the temperature and now it seems like there is too much ink and it is not drying correctly. I wanted to see if anyone had a profile they used for something like this. I am using the non curl banner from display-wholesale.com. Thanks

dale911

President
I bought some of that same stuff. Had a hell of a time loading it into my l25500. It actually caught on the print head, ripped it and then pulled it over to the head cleaning station and damaged my cleaning kit and one of the print heads. Once I did have it loaded, it also curled and got wavy. Even then, the ink wasn't completely cured. I gave up. Figured it's a $500 mistake and time to move on. I don't think I'll try to use it again due to the loading issues unless someone knows of a good way to load it.

calibuilt

I bought some of that same stuff. Had a hell of a time loading it into my l25500. It actually caught on the print head, ripped it and then pulled it over to the head cleaning station and damaged my cleaning kit and one of the print heads. Once I did have it loaded, it also curled and got wavy. Even then, the ink wasn't completely cured. I gave up. Figured it's a $500 mistake and time to move on. I don't think I'll try to use it again due to the loading issues unless someone knows of a good way to load it.

Did you end up ordering a different material? If so which one worked for you? Thanks for all the help guys this one is making me pull my hair out.

dale911

President
I bailed out of the not curl banner material and used standard scrim material for the job. I needed it done right away and my client had been waiting for the material to come in and was happy with the solution since that material didn't work out. I did a little research and found this link as well as other info that recommended the herculite, but since I changed the project a little, I am holding off on testing it until I get another order like this. That's the first banner stand order I've had so I decided to cut my losses at this point and wait until I hear for certain from someone if there is a good material to use in it.

http://blog.herculite.com/blog-0/bid/86521/10-reasons-to-use-Bantex-Curl-Free-for-Latex-Printers

shoresigns

Intelicoat POS Pro 200+ is latex compatible. Search the forums for people using it on latex - there's mostly good feedback on it.