Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L26500 + Caldera profiling

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by bigben, Jun 11, 2013.

1. bigben

bigben Very Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    I have an HP L26500 + Caldera + easymedia + i1 pro2. I create my own profiles by starting with an existing one. I have some materials that show ink bleed and some dark dot in the test prints (see pictures). The bleeding is always in the green part and also show in the dark blue part. I've never figured what could cause that. I'm sure it's a simple thing that I did non think of.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    You're throwing to much ink at it.

How many passes?

What points do you have set on your light magenta and cyan? What is your highlight replacement set to? Where do they drop off to 0%?

What is your ink limit set to?

What is your drying temps and fan set to? This can have some effect on ink coalescing, but usually this is caused by too much ink at too few passes.

Starting with an existing profile is your first mistake. Not likely to suit your environment.

3. bigben

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    How many passes? = 10pass

What points do you have set on your light magenta and cyan? What is your highlight replacement set to? Where do they drop off to 0%?

Dark/light ratio: cyan: 700 magenta: 617
    dark start: cyan: 3 magenta: 5
    light stop: cyan: 75 magenta: 69
    light background: 0 for both

What is your ink limit set to? = 110%

What is your drying temps and fan set to? = drying=50 heat airefow= 30%

4. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    Those light ink setting don't correlate to the two RIPs I have for driving my L25500. Can you post a screen captures of the light ink graph.

This is great information and hopefully someone with Caldera can help you out better than I can.

Have you tried using 12-Pass and push the drying and air flow to max. Might not be exactly what you want but it may allow enough drying to avoid the ink coalescing.

What media is it. May just not be very compatible with Latex ink.

5. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    have you tried different media. Looks more like contamination.

6. bigben

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    The material is ultraflex 13oz banner. I just printed a 4ftX20ft banner. the first feet had those dots, but the rest have been fine (or maybe 1 or 2 dots).

For the bleeding part on the first picture, it does that on vinyl also. But when I print something, everything is fine.

7. chafro

chafro Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Mexico
    I dont use caldera but I think you can solve your problem bu Throwing less ink or using more passes. 90% of the times that's the problem on bleeding.

You will be amased at how low you can go on ink and still get the same result, also will save you money.