• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L26500 + Caldera profiling

bigben

I have an HP L26500 + Caldera + easymedia + i1 pro2. I create my own profiles by starting with an existing one. I have some materials that show ink bleed and some dark dot in the test prints (see pictures). The bleeding is always in the green part and also show in the dark blue part. I've never figured what could cause that. I'm sure it's a simple thing that I did non think of.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Attachments

• bar2.jpg
    bar2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 126
  • rond2.jpg
    rond2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 107

dypinc

You're throwing to much ink at it.

How many passes?

What points do you have set on your light magenta and cyan? What is your highlight replacement set to? Where do they drop off to 0%?

What is your ink limit set to?

What is your drying temps and fan set to? This can have some effect on ink coalescing, but usually this is caused by too much ink at too few passes.

Starting with an existing profile is your first mistake. Not likely to suit your environment.

bigben

How many passes? = 10pass

What points do you have set on your light magenta and cyan? What is your highlight replacement set to? Where do they drop off to 0%?

Dark/light ratio: cyan: 700 magenta: 617
dark start: cyan: 3 magenta: 5
light stop: cyan: 75 magenta: 69
light background: 0 for both

What is your ink limit set to? = 110%

What is your drying temps and fan set to? = drying=50 heat airefow= 30%

dypinc

Those light ink setting don't correlate to the two RIPs I have for driving my L25500. Can you post a screen captures of the light ink graph.

This is great information and hopefully someone with Caldera can help you out better than I can.

Have you tried using 12-Pass and push the drying and air flow to max. Might not be exactly what you want but it may allow enough drying to avoid the ink coalescing.

What media is it. May just not be very compatible with Latex ink.

bigben

The material is ultraflex 13oz banner. I just printed a 4ftX20ft banner. the first feet had those dots, but the rest have been fine (or maybe 1 or 2 dots).

For the bleeding part on the first picture, it does that on vinyl also. But when I print something, everything is fine.

chafro

I dont use caldera but I think you can solve your problem bu Throwing less ink or using more passes. 90% of the times that's the problem on bleeding.

You will be amased at how low you can go on ink and still get the same result, also will save you money.