• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L26500 Funnel problems

WB

came in this morning and the printer gave me a "Funnel not detected" error.

after I figure out what the funnel was. I removed it cleaned and re-installed it twice.. problem is still there..

Anyone have any ideas?

CES020

I might be wrong, but I seem to have had that issue when I first got our printer and I think it didn't go away because I was just taking it out and putting it back in. I "think" there is a process on the control panel you have to go through to "change" it. You might take a look at that. When I took it out and reinstalled it going through the control panel, the message went away.

I could be completely wrong and could be thinking of something else, but I might be remembering correctly.

WB

the problem is I'm not replacing the the thing I'm just trying to fit it. If I go through the steps on the printer it wants me to replace the Tube as well but I just say no. then it says cancelling ink maintenance.

It's not telling the part is no good it's just saying it can't detect it.. it's just a plastic tube piece no sensors in it..

How does the tube come out?

CES020

Yeah, I know, but you have to tell it you've replaced it. I know you're not replacing it, I wasn't either.

chafro

Some how the printer detects it. I once try to ticked it and the printer got me every time. You can't use old ones, the printer will tell you it's used.

buy a new cleaning kit and if the trouble goes away call HP to get guarantee on the one you have. They don't sell funnels so they will sent you the complete kit.

JoeBoomer

Clean it out

If you don't have a new one handy, you can run it under hot water and clean off the old ink. You should be able to get it looking new again pretty easily.

Some how the printer detects it. I once try to ticked it and the printer got me every time. You can't use old ones, the printer will tell you it's used.

buy a new cleaning kit and if the trouble goes away call HP to get guarantee on the one you have. They don't sell funnels so they will sent you the complete kit.

WB

these printers are to smart for their own good I swear. I'll take the tube and the funnel out and give them a good cleaning I guess..

So if I get the funnel not detected does that automatically mean I need a new maintenance kit? should it just say replace maintenance kit??

kanini

There's one part on it that the printer spits ink on when new, thus it knows you have a "new" tube etc. installed. Clean it throughly under running water as suggested, hopefully the printer thinks you yave a new one then. That's at least what my tech told me... I'm new to the latex so I could be wrong...

WB

Got it!!.. cleaned the crap out of it.. stupid thing way to many sensors on these things

pokmijn

As you can see on my photos, new funnel was broke during transport. I marked which part should be cleaned. It is very big disadvantage that I can't order new funnel separately.

IMG_1862.jpg 2222.jpg IMG_1861.jpg