Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L26500 IP connectivity weirdness - can't connect but can

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Ian Stewart-Koster, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    Our 26500 had been running fine for quite a while.
    Today the RIP stopped. (Onyx PH 12)
    Reloaded the RIP, and reinstalled the printer inst file.
    The RIP queue is happy, but on configuration, it cannot connect with the printer when you click 'test'.
    However if I open up a web browser (Firefox) I can connect with the printer's embedded web server to look at ink levels, accounting , etc.

If I send a file to print, the RIP cancels it saying it was cancelled at the console, which it was not.
    The console is happy, and awaiting a file.
    The RIP cannot connect with it. Going via an old router that worked up till 2 days ago, and still seems to work for accessing the embedded web server.

I have not changed the IP address.

I'd appreciate any ideas, thanks.

2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I'm thinking maybe when you first installed the RIP you might have had to make a Firewall exception for it in Windows Firewall. When you reinstalled it maybe that reset? Just the first thing that came to mind.

3. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    I solved it by reinstalling the printer inst file, and selecting L260, instead of L26500, and it was happy.
    But previously, L26500 worked and 260 did not... very weird.
    "Phew!"...