• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L26500 Price Drop?

Brandon708

We are considering getting a HP L26500 or a Epson S30670

I remember that the L25500 had a dramitic price drop after a year or so. Is the same to be expected with the L26500? If so when and how much?

Thanks,
Brandon

Freese

We are considering getting a HP L26500 or a Epson S30670

I remember that the L25500 had a dramitic price drop after a year or so. Is the same to be expected with the L26500? If so when and how much?

Thanks,
Brandon

It was about this time last year and I recall there were 2 things working towards that low price.

1)SGIA New Orleans; show specials
2)The L25500 was on it's way out; everyone knew the L26 was just around the corner, and L25's were basically being liquidated.

Maybe I am wrong though.

Brandon708

It was about this time last year and I recall there were 2 things working towards that low price.

1)SGIA New Orleans; show specials
2)The L25500 was on it's way out; everyone knew the L26 was just around the corner, and L25's were basically being liquidated.

Maybe I am wrong though.

That sounds right if I could remember.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I highly doubt it will be dropping until HP announces a new version which will probably be another year.

signswi

I highly doubt it will be dropping until HP announces a new version which will probably be another year.

This, from what I understand the L26500 isn't selling nearly as strongly as everyone already bought the L25500, so there's tons of stock to go through before they release a new model.

rjssigns

With HP's current 9+ billion loss because of a failed acquisition and the layoff of 27000 world wide it makes you wonder what will happen.

Business wise if HP has warehouses full of unsold equipment they may want to eliminate carrying costs.

ProColorGraphics

What think is funny is that a few competitors have targeted their stuff against the HP latex. Anyone watch the dr. Seuss spoof video roland put out? I just got some info on a new Seiko ad and they compare how they have cheaper running costs, blah, blah, blah. Did the latex really take that much market share? I laugh how they says they are such energy hogs, I haven't noticed hardly anything with my l25500. Except WAY cheaper gas bills last year.

HulkSmash

The only reason the prices dropped was to make room for their new model. Probably not for another good 2-3 years...

skdave

They are offering a $3000.00 trade in on your old wide format.

I want on.e Any Issues with the L26500?

Freese

They are offering a $3000.00 trade in on your old wide format.

I want on.e Any Issues with the L26500?

HP has done this in the past. Basically the don't take your old machine, you send them the motherboard of your old machine and they probably just smash it.

KevSign

We did it. get 10G for L28500 Printer $42,000 +T - $10,000 final $32,000 cool deal very happy with it.