Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L26500 Printing on Opti Solv 18oz Banner- Stretching?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Cmiller01, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Cmiller01

Cmiller01 Printer

Jun 6, 2011
    Allentown, PA
    Hi everyone,
    LOVE our new banner material, it prints gorgeous! However, I have noticed that the second side print seems to be "stretching" about an 1" by the time it is done printing the second side. Is this a heat issue? I am tentative to turn the heat back because it is printing so nicely. It is pretty much on when it starts ( off maybe 1/8" to 1/4" if that) but by the time it gets to the end its off an inch or so. Anyone else have this issue? I am going to try squishing my reverse side print maybe 3/4" to see if that works better.
    The banners are only 78" long.

Tags:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    stretching?
    maybe feed calibration?

i've been having slight issues across the board with varying degrees of inconsistancies of length, but more in the range of 1/8" over 6ft

3. Cmiller01

Cmiller01 Printer

Jun 6, 2011
    Allentown, PA
    Wouldn't there be banding if it was a feed calibration issue? The material feels very warm when it comes off so im thinking the material is stretching. I just never saw it to this degree. I emailed our vendor/tech to see what he thinks.