• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L26500 setting base point & sheet cut on command

tiredcreations

I thought I read about this but can't find it here or in any manuals. Is there a way to set some sort of "base point" for the printer to start printing at?
For example, if I want to test print 4 different profiles on a 54" roll, I want to print them right to left, width-wise, not length-wise, to save material.
Is this possible? Using Flexi 12, I guess there's a way to nest them and send all jobs at once? but I haven't messed with that

Also, is there a sheet-cut option on the printers menu so I don't have to use the one in production manager? Say I send I print that I don't want cut but decide to cut it after, is there a way to do this other than cutting it manually?

Many thanks - latex newbie

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to print a sample, rewind the material back and print another next to it, so they all go across the page? Just move the image in your RIP to print in the spot you want. If your first print is 12" x 12" on a 54" roll, print the first in the corner, then the next you will move over 12"+ whatever....and so on, and so on. As for the start point lenghtwise, I would just pull the material up and mark a line with a pen along the fan assembly. After each print, wind it back until that mark lines up again.

tiredcreations

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to print a sample, rewind the material back and print another next to it, so they all go across the page? Just move the image in your RIP to print in the spot you want. If your first print is 12" x 12" on a 54" roll, print the first in the corner, then the next you will move over 12"+ whatever....and so on, and so on. As for the start point lenghtwise, I would just pull the material up and mark a line with a pen along the fan assembly. After each print, wind it back until that mark lines up again.

Yeah, that's what I'm asking. I can do it that way, just wasn't sure if there was an easier option. What about sheet cutting from the printer?