• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L26500 sheet printing capability?

RoCo

About to make a purchase...Is it possible to print on sheet media (like an Epson can)? or is it strictly roll-to-roll. I can't find anything in the literature that says it can or can't.

dypinc

Not designed to print on sheets. I suppose you might be able to fool it by taping sheets to a roll.

MikePro

Not designed to print on sheets. I suppose you might be able to fool it by taping sheets to a roll.

+1
its the only thing I miss about my jv3, being able to keep scraps of vinyl lying around and simply telling it to print... even putting tape over sensors to lie to the machine that the media is larger than it actually is so I can print on as much of the area as possible.
....still, I've had no regrets since making the purchase. the HP26500 is just simply AWESOME!

JoeBoomer

Even if it worked for sheets, I would avoid at all cost

The warmup time for this printer is way too long to make printing on sheets feasible. Other than that, this printer is awesome.

FrankW

One Problem is that the distance between the printing area and the media sensor is higher than on much other printers. So you loose a lot of your sheet which is not printable.

The next Problem is that the HP is designed to work with a fixed Y-Origin, which is hard to find when not rolling from the media holder.

RoCo

That's pretty much what I thought, since the promotional stuff didn't mention it. Thanks, everyone!