Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L26500 sheet printing capability?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by RoCo, Dec 11, 2013.

1. RoCo

RoCo Member

Nov 5, 2008
    About to make a purchase...Is it possible to print on sheet media (like an Epson can)? or is it strictly roll-to-roll. I can't find anything in the literature that says it can or can't.

Tags:
  2. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    Not designed to print on sheets. I suppose you might be able to fool it by taping sheets to a roll.

3. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    +1
    its the only thing I miss about my jv3, being able to keep scraps of vinyl lying around and simply telling it to print... even putting tape over sensors to lie to the machine that the media is larger than it actually is so I can print on as much of the area as possible.
    ....still, I've had no regrets since making the purchase. the HP26500 is just simply AWESOME!

4. JoeBoomer

JoeBoomer Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Even if it worked for sheets, I would avoid at all cost

The warmup time for this printer is way too long to make printing on sheets feasible. Other than that, this printer is awesome.

5. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    One Problem is that the distance between the printing area and the media sensor is higher than on much other printers. So you loose a lot of your sheet which is not printable.

The next Problem is that the HP is designed to work with a fixed Y-Origin, which is hard to find when not rolling from the media holder.

6. RoCo

RoCo Member

Nov 5, 2008
    That's pretty much what I thought, since the promotional stuff didn't mention it. Thanks, everyone!