• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L26500 Vinyl Banner leading print edge issue

63Comet

I am running forward banner, on the first 4-6 inches of the print I do not get a proper cure and get the weave pattern from the roller in the image. I built in an 8 inch advance so that it would pull fresh and not print on what had been sitting in the machine during warm up.

Is there something I can do to resolve this, warm-up offset temp perhaps?

Thanks

AF

Remove the material and clean the rollers, then clean the material with alcohol. You are describing a condition caused by plasticizer / chemical contamination of the rollers.

I no no longer feed banner through our latex for this reason. Outsourcing is cheaper with less headaches.

63Comet

Remove the material and clean the rollers, then clean the material with alcohol. You are describing a condition caused by plasticizer / chemical contamination of the rollers.

I no no longer feed banner through our latex for this reason. Outsourcing is cheaper with less headaches.

Did it happen to stop part way through your print? I would agree with you but I would think if it where only caused by this that it would be consistent throughout the print.

AF

If the material you are running is clean but the rollers have contamination, after a certain length of printing the material will have "cleaned" the rollers. Thus, the waves fade.

Davo

Had the same thing on SAV, ended up being a temp and pass issue, turned the temp up and more passes and it worked great.

danno

It could also be an older roll of banner. I use the same banner here, but have had to return a roll due to the same issues. It is the best for our L26500 at this point in time. It also works well on our 9000s.

63Comet

Had the same thing on SAV, ended up being a temp and pass issue, turned the temp up and more passes and it worked great.

What are you running at, I have tried to keep the temp lower to keep the the distortion down.

I'm running 8 bidi, 50c dry, 100c cure, 45% airflow

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
If only there was a way to find the solution to this issue that gets posted at least twice a every month in this very forum....

Davo

What are you running at, I have tried to keep the temp lower to keep the the distortion down.

I'm running 8 bidi, 50c dry, 100c cure, 45% airflow

For this specific media the settings I'm running are 16pass bidi, 55c dry, 120c cure, 45% airflow, 0.7 kw drying power. Before going to 16 passes it was on 10 pass 46c dry, 110c cure. I didn't notice an increase in distortion but it certainly got rid of the patterns.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I had this same problem on multiple rolls, drove me nuts for a long time. Finally, I changed profiles to a completely different banner material profile from a different supplier, and it was like magic, it prints perfect.....

AF

For this specific media the settings I'm running are 16pass bidi, 55c dry, 120c cure, 45% airflow, 0.7 kw drying power. Before going to 16 passes it was on 10 pass 46c dry, 110c cure. I didn't notice an increase in distortion but it certainly got rid of the patterns.

I like to "nuke" anything I am printing if it can handle the heat too. But sometimes you get bad material that simply will not print correctly, regardless of heat settings, passes etc. In those instances, you need the material replaced by the supplier with fresher material.