• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L26500 Yellow printhead keeps clogging

Signmeup_DK

Hi

Hope you can help.
My HP L26500 just ran out of garantie after 13 month. and now of curse i get a major problem :|
Both yellow/black printheads keep clogging up after 2-4 meters of printing.
I've change the printheads 3 times now, i've cleaned them manually lots of times.
I've tried to enable HP extra printhead cleaning without much luck.
All maintenence is done.

I'm printing on Oracal 3551 with 8 passes normally the quality is fine for the the kind of jobs.

Any clue?

Attachments

• IMG_6814.jpg
    IMG_6814.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_6813.jpg
    IMG_6813.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6802.jpg
    IMG_6802.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6796.jpg
    IMG_6796.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 113

GB2

Old Member
I once had a problem with magenta print heads failing repeatedly but then I got a firmware update, which I think cured the problem. Check to see if you are running the latest firmware. The only other suggestion I can offer is that whenever you install print heads or ink cartridges on HP Latex printers, you should shake, shake, shake them up before installing, that will help to keep things problem free.

Signmeup_DK

PH Cleaning kit running OK
I've made a firmware update now.
The problems has startet suddenly and i just change the yellow inkcartridge.
Hope that firmware and new ink can do the trick....

Thanks!

Signmeup_DK

Firmware and new ink didn't do.
Knowing i resently changed the PH cleaning kit and the fact that it said 30% used i didn't look with my own eyes.
The picture shows what i found and i do hope replacing it solves my problem.
Man that could have saved me so much money and time if i just looked instead of relying on what the software told me......

Thank you so much for pointing it out otherwise i would not have checked!

(Can't upload the picture, it's tottaly smeared in ink, a wonder it was only yellow and black that caused trouble)