• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Label printing with Armalex and substitutes for it?

rudeez

Hi.

I have this customer wich orders labels in the size of 11 x 32 mm usually, sometimes a bit bigger, sometimes a bit smaller.
Until now i have printed those on Armalex 5 mil using mirror printing on the backside and then 3M 467 adhesive on the backside of it. They use it for marking on crimping hand tools like THIS.

Now, they have disconntinued the manufacturing of Armalex 5 mil aswell as the LexEdge 5 mil material and the only one i found avilable is the 1 mil of both materials wich is way to thick. I have tried printing this thickness and cutting it and it's just not as good for this kind of application.
I now have the biggest problem to solve, they order about 300.000 of this type of labels every year and i can't afford to loose them as a customer.

Is there any good substitute material for this or any good way to approach it?
I tried to print on "normal" vinyl aswell like the oracal 751 and then laminate it it with the same 5 mil using 467 adhesive since i diden't have the ordinary armalex laminate with the original adhesive on but still it's quite to small to cut correctly and still a bit to thick.

Help me solve this issue and you will be rewarded with alot of handshaking and hugs...

Maybe there is still someone who manufacter this type of product?

Best Regards Jimmie

Last edited:

LandSailor

Hah! That's funny. We use those strippers at work, although they have a Wago logo on them. I will seek them out and see if they're

I seriously doubt you will find a new source for 5mil polycarb substrate since the same factory makes LexEdge and ArmaLex.

However, I have a sample of 5 mil Plastick that's laminated with 7 mil Pro Shield. That's about the same thickness as your old sandwich. I just took the end of a bolt to it and scratched it very hard, repeatedly. There's no perceptible damage...color me impressed! If they don't mind a slight change in surface texture, I bet it would work for you.

Give GMS a call and get some samples.