• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laguna CNC stutters on x-axis

schenher

OK. I have a Laguna smart shop d series 4x8 cnc. in all it does what I need it to do. though it is not my first choice in cnc machines.
I have had issues with the head stuttering when in manual movement before, but today it stuttered during a cut and basically screwed my sign. I think it is something electrical and not mechanical because the mechanics are sound, oiled and clean. In the past it has had an issue with manual movement on the x axis. hit x+ , then stutters then moves x- when either x+ or x- are pushed. when that happened I turned the machine off. turned back on and it was fine.

don't understand what would make it stutter during a cut or at all, basically offsetting the program and its starting point.

any ideas?

Z SIGNS

could be your feed rate is to fast for your machine to handle.Also make sure the computer is not going asleep while its running the router.