Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laguna CNC stutters on x-axis

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by schenher, Jan 23, 2013.

1. schenher

schenher New Member

Jan 14, 2013
    OK. I have a Laguna smart shop d series 4x8 cnc. in all it does what I need it to do. though it is not my first choice in cnc machines.
    I have had issues with the head stuttering when in manual movement before, but today it stuttered during a cut and basically screwed my sign. I think it is something electrical and not mechanical because the mechanics are sound, oiled and clean. In the past it has had an issue with manual movement on the x axis. hit x+ , then stutters then moves x- when either x+ or x- are pushed. when that happened I turned the machine off. turned back on and it was fine.

don't understand what would make it stutter during a cut or at all, basically offsetting the program and its starting point.

any ideas?

Tags:
  2. Z SIGNS

Z SIGNS Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Trenton NJ
    could be your feed rate is to fast for your machine to handle.Also make sure the computer is not going asleep while its running the router.